A Lot of Anger

"No Father." I spoke sharply, my hands crossed against my chest. 

"Thalia, dear," Hera said calmly from her place besides my father. "Work with us. You know what you have to do."

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO!" I practically screamed in their faces. 

"THALIA GRACE!" Zeus bellowed. "It is the law and that is final. FINAL. You will do as we say. Now go to your room." 

I stormed out of the throne room without such a glance at my younger brother, Jason. I could tell that my filthy father had plopped down on his throne and my, also, filthy stepmother Hera tried to calm him. I couldn't care less.

A couple minutes later a knock came from my door. I grunted a reply, so it swung open, revealing Jason. "Hey, Thals-" I winced at the nickname. Nobody knew what happened in the months I ran away. 

Jason had disappeared with my actual mother, the one Zeus cheated on Hera twice with. And I got mad. I loved my brother. And he was gone. I was fed up with my family. My very messed up family. With all the responsibility. With pretty much everything that didn't involve Green Day and my usual attire of clothes. 

"I'm not going to say that it is going to be okay. Partially because it is not, partially because you would murder me." I glanced at him, anger still evident on my face. Jason continued, "At least there are plenty of other eligible girls that could be selected. Plenty." Jason sat on the corner of my bed, waiting for a response. I flicked a pencil that was on my desk. 

"Yeah," I smiled half-heartedly at my younger brother's attempt to cheer me up. "It's just that with my luck, I'd get picked. I kinda have that weird feeling about it."

Jason looked downcast, "No 'probably'?"

"Nope. Maybe a very slight chance. Very very slight chance." I added, teasing him.

"Very?"

"Very." I said with a nod. We were both grinning like maniacs, something that wasn't hard, being children of Zeus, for some reason. Our moods changed a lot, suddenly too. Jason turned serious, and said in a nonchalant voice,

"What about the chance of falling in love?"

The comment was so startling that I almost laughed. 

"What?"

"The chance of you falling in love," Jason said, looking me square in the eye. "You know, not necessarily with the Prince, but with anybody. I've heard that some girls get picked up by people in the castle. Guards, that kind of stuff."

I scoffed and stood, messing up Jason's hair before turning to leave. "Very slim. Take a hard person to fall in love with this." I gestured to myself and left. 

Jason sighed. Thalia was clearly being honest, but something else was up. 

And he wants to know. 

______________________________________________________

Hheeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy guys. At this point in my authoring career, I have no idea what I want to be my first book. Soooooo, yeha. I really wanted to do a book with Thaluke, and what better for that to be a Selection. Because even though it is probably up there with the impossible ships (Like thalico, which I think that it is pretty cute, and I do enjoy some of those stories, just not it) I really wanted to read one of these. Seriously. I'm in middle school and just going through my princess phase, the one that most normal people go through when they are five. As you can see, I'm not normal :)

Anyways. Thanks for clicking on this book. I am sooooo not used to writing short chapters, but I wanna focus on another book (Not a Fairytale Ending-Percabeth selection), so the chapters might be short.

 On a happier note, that means I'll probably be posting earlier. Thanks to those that read this. And all that stuff. Now I'm talking to *almost* nobody because I'm afraid that *almost* nobody'll pick it up. Get the joke? HAhaaa...nope...okayyyy. That wasn't meant to be funny or a joke..... GET ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!