Conversations 101 with Rachel Dare

3rd person Omniscient POV or is it Rachel's? (because I have to be so specific...:) )

Here we follow a girl with red bushy hair and bright green eyes as she bounds through the grassy land of the Hermes kingdom. Nobody knows where she's going.......

Rachel: Seriously, Narrator, 'bounding'? And you definitely know where I'm going.

She snaps at the invisible voice, tip-toeing through the untrimmed green grass. She remarks to herself how nice of a place this is, and how much fun she is having....

Rachel: I'M SERIOUS, YOU BETTER STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!! It is incredibly boring and tiny, but nicely quiet compared to when I visit the Apollo kingdom. Almost too quiet.....

She catches on to the smart invisible voice with the many dots. She ducks behind a splotch of green trees, thinking how she'll have to paint them later. Maybe with the sunset or after it rains. With a couple birds, or clouds to make it complicated. And she really thinks she blends in with neon pink and blue and dark yellow and even darker shades of green on her pale skin.

Rachel (defensively): I wasn't trying to blend in! I was-

She cut herself off as she spotted her first victim of the day.

Rachel: I am not going to murder anyone.....yet. I have my blue hairbrush somewhere.

Lovely smart voice continues-

Rachel: Stop flattering yourself.

I'm your semi-consciousness, you are flattering yourself.

Rachel: Really now? Is that what this is?

The girl stands up and skips over in the direction of the boy sitting on the bench-table watching something on a thin rectangular surface-wait, isthataphone!?!? You're not supposed to have phones, they took them all away from everyone in the selection.

Rachel: Definitely needed the reminder that I'm in a love competition.

Your WeLComE! And those things in his ears! (literally air pods because I'm not feeling creative. Huh, much like your painting this morning....)

Rachel(exasperatedly): You've so far managed to insult me, my paintings, yourself-

I don't remember insulting myself, however-

Rachel(continues listing): -the landscape around me, and a couple other people. I've had enough of this.

Rachel POV

I half-fired and half-shoved away the (lovely, I'm lovely too!) narrator. And then approached my subject.

He didn't notice my approach, and was too caught up in whatever he was watching.

I plopped down opposite him, putting my elbows on the table. He looked up, very confused.

"Hey, I'm bored."

The boy shifted uncomfortably. He looked around my age with dark, curly hair and the blue-eyed mark of a Hermes kid. "Um, excuse me, but who are you?"

"I'm Rachel Dare, your new best friend." I said happily and took a breath, "What are you doing? I thought we weren't supposed to have phones or anything electronic to keep us from not socializing? Which Hermes kid are you? Where is everybody else? Aren't we supposed to be at an event with the others by now or very soon?"

"Connor Stoll, and most definitely not at your service," Connor said, shutting off his phone and putting it on the table. He then cracked a small smile, "We're supposed to be doing a lot of things, but whoever organized this shamble should be fired. It's so boring and nobody likes each other anyways."