ii. guilt driven decisions.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER TWO !

UNITED IN BLOODCHAPTER TWO !

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘, 𝟐𝟎𝟑𝟖

   THE UNMISTAKABLE THUDS OF the golf club colliding with the man's head rung through her ears. Danielle was trying desperately to block it out, using her medical knowledge to treat the incredibly concussed Tommy, who lay practically face down on the freezing cold linoleum floor.

   Bruising from when Nora slammed the butt of her gun upon Tommy's head had already begun to form, his eye socket becoming swollen within such a short time span. That was how hard Nora had hit him. Danielle was still none the wiser as to why Abby was currently pulverising the man behind her.

   "H-Help." Tommy pleaded of the dark haired girl knelt down in front of him. Perhaps in his hazed state, he believed she could actually do anything. "Help us."

    Danielle wasn't strong enough nor brave enough to help. The guilt was immediately there. It didn't creep its way into her system, instead it bulldozed past every single line of defence her mind had put up, tearing away at her as she stayed in that room, the blood splattering across the floor just behind her as a man, innocent or not, was beaten within an inch of his life, tortured by someone she once considered a friend.

   "I'm so sorry. I can't." The girl whispered to him, her voice cracking with emotion. She couldn't even look the man in the eyes as she denied his plea for help. Never before had she ever felt so much like a coward.

   A series of groans and grunts of pain were pulled from the blond male as he shifted on the ground, attempting to sit up. He couldn't just sit by and watch as his brother was beaten to death. His sight was blurry, the man not even able to see five feet in front of himself, yet he still struggled to push his aching body up. Danielle stared at the man, hoping, praying that he would just lay back down. "Please, please try to be quiet. They can't know you're awake."

   "My gun?" The blond man weakly attempted to feel around the surrounding floor for his pistol though it was al for nought. During the initial confrontation, Danielle had watched as Leah and Jordan had pilfered through the two mens belongings, stockpiling every weapon they came across. They were all now thrown at the further corner of the room, far away from both Tommy and Joel.

   Danielle shook her head at him. Her hazel eyes glistened with fear as she stared back at the man. "There are too many of them. They'll kill you before you could fire one round."

   Before the battered and bruised Tommy could say anything in return, a commotion rung out just behind her. Her body swung round in response to the noise, her eyes falling upon her 'friends' engaged in combat with some unknown girl. Voices were raised, fists colliding with faces could be heard and within seconds, Danielle watched as the WLF easily subdued the girl, throwing and pinning her to the ground.