xxx. gonna be alright.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER THIRTY!

   LIFE HAD SLOWLY BUT surely became easier for Danielle Linden and Ellie Williams

LIFE HAD SLOWLY BUT surely became easier for Danielle Linden and Ellie Williams. After a few months, the two girls had fallen back into a routine, Danielle continuing with her job at the medical centre and Ellie returning to her duties as a patroller of the surrounding areas of Jackson.

   Unfortunately due to the redheads injuries, she was no longer allowed to patrol on her own. Instead she was to be accompanied by some of the newer recruits. It wasn't the end of the world, of course but Ellie hated having to rely on someone else for her safety. She'd initially made a big deal about it, throwing a tantrum to Maria who had refused to allow Ellie to patrol alone, but when Danielle had pleaded with her to understand where they were coming from, the Williams girl finally relented.

   Ellie knew why they were so worried about her, she just wished that they weren't. If there was one thing Ellie hated more than anything, it was having to place her life in the hands of another. But after a couple weeks of being accompanied, the frustration she once felt had dissipated into a dull annoyance. The young guy she'd been placed with was okay. Talked more than she wanted but he wasn't the worse.

   She'd just returned home from patrol, barely in the door before she felt like taking a nap on the couch. The last few months had been hard as the redhead had begun to over exert herself, practically pushing herself and her body to its limit.

Despite Danielle's warnings for her to take it easy. God forbid she listen to someone with medical knowledge.

   Her aching feet carried her up the staircase and into her shared bedroom with Danielle. After removing her dirtied clothing and changing into clean pair of sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt, Ellie began to clean out her backpack.

The random few Knick-knacks she'd found on patrol were laid on the carpet which she planned to clean before placing them around the house. Just before she threw the bag into the corner of the room, she felt inclined to check the front pocket despite having not placed anything in there that day.

Freezing cold metal brushed against her fingertips. She gripped tightly of the item before pulling it free of the pocket, her gaze falling down to her hand. Laying flat against her palm was the dinosaur bracelet that she'd grabbed months prior as a gift for Danielle.

She'd completely forgotten about it.

   "Ellie? I'm home!" Ellie heard her girlfriends voice echoing through the home which caused her to jump to her feet in an instant. She almost sprinted down the stairs, aching feet be damned, heading straight for the brunette.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 ✸ 𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬 🎉