xvii. lives lost.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN  !

   "WHAT'D YOU TELL DINA?" That was the first thing Jesse asked of Ellie once the pair alongside Danielle made their way out of the theatre and had began trekking through Seattle once again in search of Abby, as well as Tommy

"WHAT'D YOU TELL DINA?" That was the first thing Jesse asked of Ellie once the pair alongside Danielle made their way out of the theatre and had began trekking through Seattle once again in search of Abby, as well as Tommy. They were absolutely certain that the Miller man had been wreaking havoc throughout Seattle, if the blown up structures and dead bodies riddled with bullets from a sniper was anything to go by.

They had made the executive decision to leave Dina behind in the theatre, all of them trusting that the girl and her unborn child would be safer, hidden away in the dingy, old building than on the run through the city, fending off enemies left, right and centre.

The earlier moment that had been shared by Danielle and an emotionally exposed and quite literally exposed Ellie had gone unmentioned. Once the auburn haired girl had awoken, Danielle had excused herself, avoiding all eye contact to allow Ellie to dress herself. Then after a quick chat with Dina, the trio had set off.

The conversation that Ellie had with Dina seemed to be important and secretive enough that when Danielle stuck her head into the room, she saw the pair visibly stiffen up as if they were chatting about something that the medic wasn't allowed to know. As if they had been talking about her behind her back. But she was most likely just being paranoid.

And though the brutal takedown of Nora was stilling weighing heavily on the auburn-haired Ellie, she refused to allow it to slow her down. With only one goal in mind, the tattooed Williams girl had built up such a strong sense of will, that nothing could stop hinder her progress or block her path. Ellie was determined to finish

"That we're hoping to find Tommy at the aquarium." The auburn-haired girl replied as her sneaker clad feet pushed her forward, following closely behind Danielle who walked on ahead of the pair. "I didn't...tell her you knew, if that's what you're—"

Jesse shook his head briefly, as the trio moved through the pouring down rain. "I wasn't."

Danielle, who had been vaguely listening to their conversation while she scanned their surroundings, suddenly clocked the words that had escaped past Ellie's lips. A gasp of complete shock left her as she stopped in her tracks, spinning around on her heel to face Ellie and Jesse, both of whom halted at once when they noticed the look that was plastered across the medics face.

"Wait, you know? He knows?" The girl was flabbergasted. How could this have happened? "Ellie. You told him?"

Seeing the lightly upset look that filled the brunettes eyes, Jesse quickly piped up. "I kinda guessed, if that makes it better." While he had made an assumption based off of Dina's behaviour and the way that Danielle fretted around her, Jesse could tell within an instant that his words did little to quell the upset that rose inside of the medic.