Chapter 1

Sky's POV

After the barrier was in place I was shouted at by a lot of monsters - "Why did you let them seal us down here?"

I was kneeling, looking down, trying to stop the tears and failing - "They said if I didn't comply they would kill the rest of us off. I also had a vision about the war, our surrender, and the punishment, all before the war started. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to lose hope, the war would have been much shorter, and I wanted us to go out fighting as if we'd win. My abilities told me we were at the exact number of monsters who make it through the war, so I surrendered. I have tried to change my visions before, and no good came from it."

I looked up, tears streaming down my face, screaming in anger and sorrow  - "My vision showed me that my parents were the first casualties on our side! Don't you even think that I gave up or that I was complacent! If I could have changed anything, I would save my parents but I can't!!!"

I took a deep breath and got up, " I've been preparing for months, I've planted some basic fruits and vegetables, gathered mining tools, and checked the walls for durability. I made it so that we'd be able to live down here as long as we have to." 

Someone I didn't recognize stepped forward, a female fish monster with a mermaid tail, she had blue and red hair like Undyne's, "You knew... and instead of stopping it, you just made it easier for us when we're trapped down here?!" 

"Last time I successfully changed my visions it got innocent people killed!"

"Innocent people have already been killed!"

Sad and furious, I screamed, "The last time I changed my vision, I saved my parents but another family died instead! Now equate that logic to a war! The best thing we can do now is to make the best of our circumstances!"

I calmly added, "These walls should be easy to mine into so we can make as much room as we need."

She then moved over to young Undyne and held her tight, she must be Undyne's mother, which makes the woman on the other side of her Undyne's other mother.

Asgore and Toriel, the king and queen of the monsters walked towards me. They are practically my second pair of parents since my parents were the general and captain of their army. I fell into Asgore, he lifted me up and held me tight while I cried into his fur. I knew Toriel was glaring at the crowd of monsters, daring them to question me further, that thought made me smile internally. Asgore and Toriel are the only family I have left now.

I don't know how long I was crying, but when I was done, Asgore put me down and Gaster was standing in front of me. He enfolded me in his arms and gently rubbed my back. I pulled away from him and saw the other monsters had found the mining tools, as well as the food I had planted. 

I started to get a bad feeling. For some reason, I didn't see Cindy. I asked the monsters who fought beside her if they had seen her, but they said they hadn't seen her since we were sealed underground.

Then a vision began: Cindy had split off from the rest of the group when she saw we were losing. She had hidden when we were being pushed into the cave. I then saw through her eyes, she was looking at the wizards that were sealing the rest of us into the mountain. She ran as soon as they were finished, hoping someone will be willing to hide her.

I woke up on the ground face first, I always pass out when a vision happens, although most of the time I get enough warning to tell someone to catch me. That means that the vision I saw of Cindy getting married to my bully in 20 years doesn't mean we get out in that time.

I sat up, "No no no  no  no!"

Gaster came down to my level, "Sky, what is it?"

Crying all over again, I whispered to Gaster "Before the war started, I had a vision of Cindy getting married to a human in 20 years. I just had a vision that overrides that one, she separated from us before we were sealed underground. The thought we were going to be out here within 20 years was the only reason I was willing to follow the war the way my abilities wanted! Now I have no idea how long we'll be down here!"