Chapter 10

Sky's POV

The next morning, for the first time in a while, I knew why my life felt incomplete, I missed Gaster. But I was still confused about the vision because the boys do remember him now. I went to the boys' room, to find them cuddled up under the sheets, it's nice to see that hasn't changed.

I gently rocked them awake and said, "Good morning. it's time for breakfast."

Sans said, "☞︎✋︎✞︎☜︎ 💣︎⚐︎☼︎☜︎ 💣︎✋︎☠︎🕆︎❄︎☜︎💧︎📪︎ 💣︎⚐︎💣︎" (Five more minutes, Mom)

I reeled back... He has never called me mom, and the sans I know wouldn't call me Mom a day after I found them again. I just went downstairs and gave them 5 more minutes, mostly so I could think.

After 5 minutes, the boys came downstairs, yawning, and went to the fridge as if they'd lived here their whole lives.

I got up from where I was sitting, Papyrus looked at me weirdly, "✌︎☼︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ ⚐︎😐︎📪︎ 💣︎⚐︎💣︎✍︎"(Are you ok, Mom?)

I replied, shocked, "Do you guys always speak in your cipher in the morning?"

Sans cleared his throat, "Yeah... We have our whole lives. Are you feeling ok, Mom? Have you had your coffee yet?"

Whole lives? they're only about 2 months old, what are they talking about? "What did we do yesterday?"

Sans cocked his head as if I was the crazy one, "We went on a picnic in Waterfall for my birthday. Wow Mom, you really are out of it,"

"I stood there, wide-eyed, for a moment before I said, "I think i need some air, I'll see you guys later,"

I went outside and teleported to the lab, hoping to see Gaster in the void, if not there, to contact him when I got to the lab. I didn't see him in the void, so i tried contacting him at the lab. i tried using the most recent memory, knowing there was a chance i could summon that creature instead of Gaster.

But nothing happened, After what felt like a thousand tries, i couldn't contact him.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, straight from my gut, a raw anguished sound. I only stopped when my throat hurt. I hoped that if I could keep contacting him, we could work together to get him back. But now i can't contact him, and somehow i know he won't be able to contact me in my sleep anymore.

I took a minute to myself, i tried smoking, but then i just remembered how Gaster and I always smoked together, he was the one who got me into it in the first place.

I walked upstairs, since Alphys wouldn't be here this early. I teleported back home because if the boys really do see me as their mom now, I don't want to worry them. Maybe it's better this way, I don't think i want them to remember the horrors they went through. But now i know what future/past Gaster meant, they've forgotten him for good.

What I have to ask myself, is what triggered them to forget again. Was it me having that vision? Or were they never meant to remember for longer than a day?

But when I got inside and saw their worried faces, filled with love for me, I realized it doesn't matter. We're a family, just like I always wanted.

I had some coffee, and asked them what they wanted to do today, mostly because I didn't know what their new memories looked like.

Papyrus said cheerfully, "Well, today's my birthday and Grandma Toriel and Grandpa Asgore promised they'd make me a chocolate cake!"

I almost cried on the spot. Before Gaster fell, they would always ask when Gaster and I were going to have kids. Now they have those grandkids and, to them, they've had grandkids for... wait, how old do these two think they are?