Chapter 3

Sky's POV

We went up multiple elevators and went to Muffet's place for breakfast, we were also trying to coordinate with Muffet how to get some of her spiders out of New Home since the door locks automatically and the spiders don't know how to unlock it, and the cracks aren't small enough for the spiders to crawl through. By the time Gaster and I were done eating, we still couldn't figure it out.

We then decided to take a step back and go to Waterfall. We took Harlow's boat again, I took mercy on her and stayed away from the topic concerning her. We went to Waterfall to go to the room that simulates the stars in the sky. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's pretty close, and just as romantic. We lay there in companionable silence, his arm around me, while we looked up at the fake stars. 

After a while of staring at the ceiling, Gaster asked me, "At its core, what scares you about my project?"

I sighed, thinking for a moment, "I'm worried about the ethics of the idea. Is it write to make beings simply to exploit them? Is that really how we want to do cloning for the first time?"

He looked over at me, "But if it can get us out of here, isn't the rest obsolete?"

"I see your point, but just promise me you won't hurt them,"

"I would never, even I know we have to be delicate about this project. after all, if we traumatize them, they won't want to help us. I promise I won't hurt them,"

"Good. There's one more stop I want to make tonight."

"Where?"

"I want to go to the restaurant in Hotland."

"you mean the one that Asgore named? The one that is simply 'restaurant'?"

I laughed,  "Yeah, that one. It's got great food."

This time we walked since neither of us was hungry for dinner yet, we already had lunch at Grilby's before coming to Waterfall but knew by the time we got there we'd be hungry. It was a leisurely walk, and the heat compared to Waterfall is always nice. We got a cup of water from the water cooler near the bridge and kept going.

We had a great dinner at the restaurant, I got steak, and he got pork. When I realized we would be down here for a while, I put years and years of rations in here, also accounting for the fact that children might be raised down here, so we were in no danger of running out of food.

 We went home satisfied that night. I slept well that night, with no visions to speak of, which concerned me, usually when I'm close to an important event, I get visions until the event happens. Does that mean I was wrong and the experiment won't happen in a few months? I decided to put it out of my mind for now.

When we got to the lab, I decided I would stop messing with Gaster's work since he promised not to hurt them, who knows, maybe in promising he wouldn't hurt them, he changed the future himself. As if to spite me, I went into a vision, at least I'm sitting down.

I heard screaming from another room, I was already running to the sound. I saw Gaster with 2-P's arm in his hand, broken, by his hand. i also looked over and saw 1-S's arm with the handplate on the bench next to him. GodDamn, it, that kid is too smart for his own good. 

I turned back to Gaster, angry tears in my eyesockets, "How could you?! Why?!"

He replied calmly, "1-S has to be taught a lesson in not taking off the arm with the plate on it, but seeing as he is too fragile, I had to make an example of 2-P, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to reset the bone, and I will require your assistance in healing it."

With that, he walked off to another room with 2-P's left arm still in his hands. I looked over and saw 2-P crying, and 1-S guiltily looking at his brother because it was his fault his brother got punished.

Then I woke up. I grabbed the first piece of paper I could see and a pen. I quickly did a rough sketch of Gaster with 2-P's arm split at the ulna. I then folded it and put it in my purse before Gaster could see it.

Gaster didn't say anything, he knows the drill, if I pass out and wake up, needing to draw something, he knows I had a vision and he knows not to ask about them. I went to the bathroom, and started to silently cry, "He keeps lying to me, this is the first time he has ever lied to me about something this important, but I can't confront him about it because that would mean telling him I've seen visions of the project"

I composed myself, wiped the tears from my eye, and got back to work. i still didn't mess with Gaster's work, mostly because he's never away from it long enough for me to add or change something. So I just tried to remember what the bolts in 1-S's plate looked like, hoping that I can recreate the shape for a drill bit so I can, hopefully, remove them later on if I can ever convince Gaster to stop the experiment, which is a big if.

*a few months later*

We had built the cloning machines, now for the painful part, cutting holes in each of our hands to use the DNA to make the clones. I went first just to get it over with. I put my hand under the laser, an area already traced to be cut off. I bit down on the block of wood as I turned the machine on. It felt like my hand was on fire, but there was a reason I had strapped my arm and wrist in place, for if I moved even a centimeter, the cut wouldn't be as clean and would hurt even more. It took only a few minutes to get done, but it felt like hours, I hope to god this works the first time, I hope this works the first time. Then I remembered that in one of my visions, Gaster had two holes, one in each hand, which means something goes wrong the first time.

We waited a few days after putting our DNA into the machines, but nothing happened, it didn't work. After a week and a half of recalculating, we tried again, this time I knew what to expect so the pain of cutting a hole in my hand wasn't as bad. This time, within a day, we started to see the clones growing, first from a zygote, and after 5 days, they appeared to be 10 years old. 

The smaller of the two, which I know Gaster will dub 1-S, was made from my DNA. Despite all I know is going to happen to them, I am in awe that this worked, that we successfully cloned our DNA, even if they're not identical clones. Within the next few days we kept monitoring them, until, on the 8th day since they started growing, they opened their eyes. 

1-S was in the suspension tank on the left, while 2-P was in the tank on the right, the two looked at each other, made eye contact, and glowed their eyes at each other. Gaste and I decided early on that we would have separate notes each day and compare notes at the end of each day to see if there was anything we agreed on. 

That day in my notes I wrote, i have to fake like i don't know the outcome of this project: Entry number 1

"The boys seem to be awake for the first time. It's interesting, it seems like they didn't even notice us in the room, they were immediately focused on each other. I was surprised that one of the first things they did was glow their eyes at each other. The taller of the two's eyes glowed a reddish-orange color. the smaller's eyes glow a violet shade, although it seems his eyes glow brighter than the others. That is a sign of high magical potential, we might be able to use that later on. We should probably take them out of suspension and separate them as the nature of their interest in each other is unclear

Gaster decided we should take them out of suspension in a few hours. When the time came, Gaster opened the taller of the two's chamber, grabbed him by the soul, and carried him to a cell with forcefield bars at the front to keep him from escaping, which I agree with. I don't want either of them wandering around the lab either. 

A few hours after taking the taller subject out of suspension, gaster took the other and before picking him up, checked his HP like he had done with the taller. The taller subject has an HP of 20. The smaller has an HP of one. Gaster didn't show it on his face, but I knew he was as shocked as I was by his fragility. This could cause problems later on in the experiment. Gaster was much more careful taking the smaller subject to his cell.

We left the boys to learn to walk on their own, but after a while, we decided we would approach their cells separately to see how they instinctively react to the two of us. I went to the taller subject's cell