Chapter 2

Sky's POV

I had to swallow my fear.

I simply asked, "What are they?"

He smiled brightly. You know, sometimes I forget he is a mad scientist who made a weapon of war out of his own blaster in Highschool,

"They're cloning machines. I was thinking I could clone both of our DNA separately and see if the skeleton made from your DNA has visions like you. These aren't identical cloning machines though. They will look like children but hopefully won't act like children, I think we can make them strong enough to break down the barrier with their blasters"

"So you want me to be a part of this? What are you going to do with them?"

"Just some IQ tests and sparring"

I had to hold back my anger, I know he was going to do much worse, but I couldn't let him know that I know.

When I went back to my workstation I debated amongst myself, "I know the last time I tried to change the future nothing came of it and it would just delay the inevitable, but I have to try."

So when he wasn't looking or when he was away from his station, I changed major numbers in his calculations or added numbers that would throw off his formulas. I didn't like doing it, but I had to try.

In doing this, though, I moved the cloning machine blueprint to reveal the laser I had seen in my visions years ago. In big bold letters above it said 'magic concentration device'

So that's its purpose. But it didn't make sense, if all he wanted to do is see if the clone from my DNA could have visions, why would he need this? Now I have to ask him without letting him know what I've been doing.

"Gaster, I was taking another look at your brilliant cloning machine when I saw this, what's it do?" Stroking his ego has always worked in a pinch.

"Oh, that! Well if it turns out neither of the clones can have visions naturally, I was thinking of using this to artificially give them said ability"

"I see, well, it's a bit big, isn't it? It looks like it will need its own room."

"It absolutely will, and it needs to be big so I can change how much magic is projected at once, in case one is weaker than the other, which is always a possibility."

"I see. Well thanks for telling me, I'm going to get back to work now, but first I need to freshen up,"

I made an effort not to run, but swiftly walk to the bathroom. I leaned over the sink and whisper-screamed, "That is a torture device in disguise. What else is he not telling me? I can't let him know about the visions, for all I know, if I do, these damn experiments will start sooner and be worse than I imagine"

I heard a knock at the door, "Sky? Was it something I said?"

I was crying at this point so I tried to hide it, sniffing and composing myself, "I'm fine, I just think better in here sometimes" I know that was a weak excuse

"Ok, just wanted to make sure."

God, how crazy am I? I'm in love with a mad scientist, knowing what he's going to do to two innocent boys.

Gasters POV

When Sky speed-walked to the bathroom, I wondered if my blue-prints scared her somehow. When she slammed the door, I grew concerned.

I went up to the outside door of our unisex bathroom, "Sky? Was It something i said?"

"I'm fine, I just think better in here sometimes,"