6: Excitement

~[27/10/2022]

KIM SEOKJIN'S POV:

"O MY FREAKING GOD!" Taehyung exclaims rolling his eyes up at the sky and pulling his hair in frustration.

Both I and Ae Rin turn around and he yells again, this time catching attention even from Jimin and Jisoo. 

"Can he stop breaking things?"

I exchange looks with Ae Rin being completely clueless. All I can see is that buffy guy I met yesterday, I mean Namjoon coming towards us holding his bicycle with a broken chain hanging on it. Tae quickly makes his way toward him and helps him holding his backpack. 

"He's Kim Namjoon. You met him yesterday." Ae Rin says leaning on my side. 

Well yes. I met him yesterday. But the way Ae Rin just leaned towards me, makes me realize how short she is. She can completely hide behind me if she wants. If she were to wrap her arms around me and hug me, her head would press against my chest and I swear, she would be able to hear every damn fluttering heartbeat of mine. Every damn heartbeat.

Ae Rin makes my heart flutter.

"Why is Tae so frustrated though?" I ask changing the conversation.

"The one you are seeing is no other than the god of destruction," she says folding her arms on her chest and continues, "He has superpowers to break anything in this world. Whether it is a thing or a math test score! And the bad thing is he has no control over those powers." 

She describes him as if he is some superman. But I don't know if his powers are good or bad for him. 

Namjoon comes near us and put his broken cycle on the stand with a pout on his face. He looks at Ae Rin and she sighs with lips tightened in a straight line. 

"Is that your 4th?" She asks.

"Maybe... 5th???" He replies with a mixed expressions of guilt and frustration.

But are they talking about bicycles? Did he just break his 4th or maybe 5th bicycle? Hell no! He really got some superpowers bruh! 

Tae exhales furiously looking at the bicycle and Ae Rin gently hugs Namjoon patting his back. 

Ae Ri hugs Namjoon. But she doesn't rest her head on his chest. She cannot hear his heartbeat. They both just rest their chin on each other's shoulders. That's just a friendly hug, right? Tell me they are just friends. Just friends! 

Ae Rin just made me feel Jealous.

---

We all sit on the bench near us under the huge tree whose leaves keep falling even though it is spring and not autumn. That's strange. Anyways, I sit beside Tae and Ae Rin sits in front of me beside Namjoon. While she is busy handling her long hair in this windy weather, Jimin and Jisoo reach holding their hands. 

They are adorable. 

As soon as Jimin takes a place beside me, Namjoon's face turns into a look of confusion and anger. Jisoo helps Ae Rin with her hair when Namjoon startles me,

"Jimin! What's wrong with your face?"

It was at this moment when everyone stopped murmuring and became all silent. The falling leaves, this complete silence, Namjoon staring at Jimin, and Jimin blinking his eyes looking at Namjoon making an innocent face. Everything is like a beginning of a new chapter. 

I don't know anything about this friend circle. I don't know how they all know each other. I don't know what this silence means to them.

Kim Seokjin is sitting clueless trying to mix with more friends.