25: Lion's Den

~[01/04/2023]

Kim Seokjin's POV:

Wah! Is this where Aerin lives?

This house is like a palace! The marble floors shine like diamonds in the sunlight, and the furniture is luxurious. Sitting on the couch, I feel like I am sinking into a cloud. The walls are adorned with artistic paintings singing their own stories.

Not going to lie, sitting on the couch owned by Lee So Hyun feels a lot better than my first interaction with him. I still remember how I was kidnapped from the Incheon Market that day and was held captive in a room that smelled like ink and paper. 

Now that I think, it must be somewhere in his printing press.

But can you believe this? The gang leader who kidnapped me is no other than the father of the woman I am in love with.

As we three wait for Lee So Hyun in his living room, I ask Jimin what kind of books his company prints. Academic and research papers, that's what Jimin told me. But the reason Aerin's dad hired me is to smuggle unpublished research data from the college and that's how he earns double the money. 

It was yesterday morning when I had to sneak into the Department of Economics to get those unpublished papers and got caught by some random guy. I don't know who that guy was. But I remember his face and I need to talk about that guy to Lee So Hyun as early as possible. I have a strong feeling that he is from Seoul and might know about our illegal work.

But yeah, first I need to talk about us - Me and my pearl.

Since he is in no state to let people know who I am, I guess he doesn't have a choice but to accept whatever I ask for in return for his illegal work and his daughter's safety. Not that I have any intentions of harming her. 

Let's see Lee So Hyun, who wins this time...

"Hyung!" Tae whispered in my ear from the right like a mischievous kid, and I nod to him to continue.

"Why did Jimin bring us her--"

"Hyung! What's your plan?" Suddenly Jimin cut off Tae.

"You don't know the plan?" Tae growls at Jimin while still whispering. "Why would you drag me with you? I barely arrived this morning and I'm already as tired as a dwarf after mining--"

1.79m tall dwarf? I couldn't help but laugh at Tae's comparison.

But yeah, that's true. Tae just came back this morning from his hometown. But since I and Jimin were leaving when he arrived, we just threw his luggage in the room and dragged him with us.

Jimin interrupts again. "We are here for the marriage proposal."

And trust me, every time Jimin says something, Tae's eyes get wider and wider with shock. "Wait. WHAT? Are you getting married?"

"Not me," says Jimin with a disappointed face. I mean, why not. There is me who just came to talk with his girlfriend's father when we didn't even date for a week. And there is him who has been dating Jisoo for 7 years. In his place, I'd be disappointed too. "We are here for Hyung!"

"HYUNG??" Shocked and surprised Tae looks at me with confusion. But before I get to explain the situation, suddenly, a gust of wind blows through the room, causing the curtains to move violently. It doesn't feel good to me for some reason. 

I feel a shiver run down my spine as I turn to face the middle-aged man who has just entered the room. Jimin stands up along with Tae. I have no choice but to stand up as well, wondering who he is.