19: Mess of Love ♡

~[22/02/2023]

Park Jimin's POV:

I'm laying on the couch with my head on Jisoo's lap, glancing up at her while she talks with her parents on the telephone. Her long hair sliding down her back and her beautiful features glowing in the dim light of the room make her appear more beautiful.

Suddenly, I see the look on her face change, and I know something's up. Once she is done talking to her parents, I wrap my arms around her to whisper. "What did they say?"

Jisoo turns to me with the look of a kid longing for her mother. She hugs me tightly, and I can feel her warmth against my chest. "They're coming home tonight at 5 am," she whispers.

Didn't they say they'll arrive by the end of the week? We only spent like 3 days yet. I don't want to leave her already.

Her parents are arriving early than expected. Unfortunately, it is time for me to leave. I have to leave before they arrive, which breaks my heart, but I know I have to.

Jisoo approaches me with her eyes welling up as I collect my belongings and make sure everything is how it was before her parents left. Yet for some reason, she remains silent. She doesn't ask me to stay for a few more minutes nor does she say she'll miss me.

What is it that's bothering you Jisoo? Just talk with me, huh? Please?

I know what exactly she is feeling from what Aerin told me yesterday. But I am afraid that Jisoo won't open up to me and start falling apart.

However, I don't even want to initiate until she is ready to talk about it.

I simply ask her, "What is it? What's bothering you, Jisooya?"

Her face seems to lose its shine. I can tell there's something on her mind. I step up and take her hands in mine and try to pull up a smile for her. "Wae? Are you going to keep things from me now?"

"Jiminaa!" she finally speaks.

"Hmmm? Wae?"

Yes! Please talk to me. I'm dying for you to open up.

"I feel like... I feel like I'm a burden to you, Jimin," she says, her voice shaking and my heart sinking. "I don't feel like I deserve all the love and care you give me."

She is telling me everything that I was afraid of. But she continues to talk and I'm at least glad about that.

"I get sick all the time and you are always there to take care of me. You never said that you are tired of me. I'm afraid that I'm making you suffer alone. I don--"

Each and every word coming out of her mouth feels like an arrow ripping my heart into million pieces. I didn't realize until now how much she cares for me. I didn't know I made her feel this way. It must have hurt her a lot. I don't know how she mustered up the courage to tell me everything.

Before she speaks more and hurts herself, I gently press my lips against her.

With her hands in mine, I look into her eyes and we settle into a comfortable silence for some time.

"Jisooyaa! You are not a burden to me." I say with the deepest sincerity. "You are the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. You make every moment worth living, and I can't imagine my life without you. You deserve all the love and care in the world, and I'm happy to give it to you until my last breath. I love you more than words could ever express, and I will always be here for you, no matter what."

Her eyes shine with tears, and she squeezes my hands tightly. "I don't know what I would do without you, Jimin. You make my life so so so much better, and I just feel like I just don't deserve it."