26: Psychotic

~[02/04/2023]

Lee Aerin's POV:

"What did you say?? What did my dad do?" I yell over the phone as Jimin continues to tell me what happened when they went to see my dad. My heart races hearing the number of unexpected events.

"Is he okay?" I ask him, worried that Seokjin might be feeling worse than me. But suddenly, I hear the sound of heavy footsteps approaching the living room, and I know it is my dad. I quickly end the call and pretend as if I was just sitting there. 

However, I guess it was too late to pretend. He enters the room and shoots his laser-red eyes at me with anger boiling all over his face. 

He yanks the telephone from the table and throws it across the room, shattering it into pieces.

"Appa!" I squeak.

My heart crumbles as I watch him pick up a nearby flower vase and smash it on the wall. The sound of shattering glass fills the air, making me flinch and cover my ears.

He is so angry that he won't listen to anyone. The only person who can calm him down is my mom. As my dad continues to destroy every single thing in the living room, I scream, calling for my mom.

"Omma!" 

As I watch him in horror, he throws a glass filled with water at the glass table, shattering it into a million pieces. My heart races with fear. I immediately find a far corner of the room, desperate to escape my dad.

"Omma!" I scream again and again until I start hearing my mom screaming my name...

.

.

.

"Aerinaa! What happened?"

"Wake up Aerin!"

"Lee Ae Rin!!"

With her final call, I woke up suddenly from my sleep, all startled.

What a horrible dream!!!

"Did you have a nightmare?" My mom asks and I look at her.

It's not her. Not my mom from 80s... But it's her...

Wait! Am I in 1980? or...

As I doubt my own existence now, I quickly check my phone. But I don't even look at the date on it because there were no smartphones in 1980.

It's 2022!  And Seokjin is still just a dream...

I swear, I feel like I'm going crazy these days. How can someone continue a dream like this?

Who the hell is this Seokjin and why he keeps appearing in my dreams?

I try to recover from that dream and I nod to my mom. I tell her it's not a big deal, which is a complete lie but I cannot explain to her how her daughter is getting psychotic these days. She again returns to the kitchen and then leaves for groceries. 

I somehow manage to freshen up and eat the breakfast my mom made with my broken arm. However, since it is Saturday and I have nothing better to do, I call Hoba if he would like to hang out. But guess what. Before I call him, he knocks on my window. 

I open the window and his soothing voice reaches my ears. 

"Good morning miss broken!"

"Stop calling me that!" I roll my eyes and go back to the couch. As he jumps into my house, taking his shoes in his hands, he asks, "I bet staying at home all day isn't fun. Wanna hang out with me?"