23: Doomed

~[25/02/2023]

Lee Ae Rin's POV:

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside the window. As I open my eyes, the bright sunlight streaming in makes me shut my eyes again. I turn my head and see a man sleeping beside me, his chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm.

You look more handsome this close. Didn't know you were this pretty Seokjin...

I remember now. Last night was a blur of crying, hugging, arguing, and confessing. First I check his temperature. His fever is gone for real. Am I his real medicine? Haha. Maybe. 

Stop Aerina! Have you gone crazy? 

Maybe yes. Crazy for this guy.

As I watch him sleep, I realize that I have to get up and go home before my dad finds out that I spent the night outside. However, the comfort of sleeping in his arms is not letting me get up and leave him. So, I stay. 

Chirping birds, a chill atmosphere and us resting under the same blanket... Everything just seems like a dream. I can't believe I am in a relationship with him. 

Is this real?

As my mind races with Seokjin's thoughts, I hear a few students outside mumbling about some test. And that makes me realize, I also have a test today. I try to get up, but suddenly Seokjin tightens his grip around me, pulling me back into his warm embrace.

"Sleep a little more," he whispers in my ear in his morning husky voice. His breath tickles my skin and I cannot help but feel the sudden rise of butterflies in me with his morning voice.

"I should go home before my family finds out," I say but my voice is betraying my desire to stay.

"Stay a little longer. Umm? Please!" He pleads as his arms tighten around my waist. 

Hajima Seokjinaa! At this rate, I won't be able to leave.

I try to convince myself to leave but this heart is too silly to listen to me. It doesn't and I never knew the heart's desire could be this strong and persistent. I snuggle back into his embrace and sleep. Yes. I sleep. Like a baby.

---

"Ahhh!" I groan as I wake up hearing some sudden sound of a falling utensil. 

"Mian (Sorry)! Did I wake you up?" I hear a soothing voice apologizing for that sudden noise. I squeeze open my eyes and look at him. He woke up and is cleaning up but didn't bother to wake his girlfriend up.

I smile and stretch in his bed like a lazy baby. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"How dare I wake up my pearl?" He says as he comes near me and leans to kiss me on the forehead. "Did you sleep well?"

Did he just call me his pearl?

His?

Pearl?

I'm so whipped for this man right now that I am not in my right sense to respond. I just stare at him as he brings the jacket I was wearing last night. 

I look at him, not sure what he is doing. He looks back at me and gestures for me to wear the jacket. Why? I ask him with my eyebrows what he is doing.

He makes me wear the jacket before any explanation. "Don't you need to reach home before--"

"Oh, sh*t! Yes. No. Oh my god! What time is it?" I almost yell in a hurry as I put on the jacket.

As he scratches his head in worry I grab my shoes in my hand. "Seven thirty-seve--"

"I'm late. I'll see you later..." I say as I run outside his room bare feet. "Byeeeee!"

As I run out, he rushes to the entrance to see me out and yells, "At least wear your shoes. You'll get hurt."

I know. I know it's going to hurt but I don't have that time to put on the shoes. I have a class at 8:30 and I need to reach home, pretend in front of my dad that I just woke up at home, get ready for college and come back before 8:30. Aishhhh!

Breathing heavily I almost reach home. I jump the gateway in fear that I might make noise while opening and closing it. As I hop inside, I go near my bedroom window and sneakily hop inside. As I finally enter my room, I sigh in relief but guess what! My honorable Appa - aka the leader of the Incheon gang - is sitting on my bed with a look of slaying someone with a sword. 

F*ck my life! Why does he have to catch me today? WHY TODAY OF ALL DAYS???

"Where were you last night?" He asks as I try to catch my breath. His voice is stiff and cold. I'm afraid he might actually slay me.

But as I practiced with Eomma, I say, "I was at Jisoo's house. She was sick so I prepare--"

"Don't lie. Where did you go last night?"

Crap! How does he know I lied? 

"Appa, I--"

"I met Jisoo's parents yesterday and they told me she is alone at home."

I cannot lie anymore at this point. Why he had to bump into her parents last night? Just why? I don't know what to say. I definitely cannot say I was out with a guy else I'm dead. 

He looks at me in my eyes and I feel like he is piercing into mine. I freeze and hang my head down, unable to come up with a solid lie.

"I'm sorry Appa. It won't happen again." Apologizing is the only thing I can do at this moment. I can't tell him I was with Jimin either because he lives in a hostel with other guys, including my guy. 

"You've been going out too much lately. I think it's time for you to drop out of college," he says as if it's solid and final.

No! NO! I cannot drop out of college. I cannot. Nope. 

"Appa! Please, give me one chance. I won't let it happen again. I promise."

"No. I don't care what you want to do. Once your exams are over then I'm taking you out of the college."

"APPA!!!" I yell in frustration but he just leaves. 

I. AM. DOOMED. 

Because I know, once I drop out, he'll start looking for guys to marry me off. At least, that's what he did when I graduated from high school. It was my Eomma's miracle that dad let me into college. 

I feel a lump of pain in my throat. I don't really have a dream to pursue but I don't even want to be just a housewife. I want to be something in my life. I can't give up on my dream to be something. 

I was so happy this morning but life is just like an ocean. It has sudden tides and falls. I didn't see this fall coming. I feel defeated and I don't know if I can fight against the next tide.

But I cannot give up. I need to come up with something. Should I talk to Jimin? Or SeokJin? I don't know if I want to stress Seokjin. He barely calmed himself down yesterday and I don't want him to go through something because of me. 

Tring Tring....

Freaking alarm! That scared me.

It's 8 am and I need to get ready for my 8:30 test today. Let's focus on it first and then figure out this thing later.

========================

Hey, everyone! ❤️

Sorry for the short chapter.

What do you think now Aerin will do?

Please VOTE ⭐, COMMENT & SHARE <3

Borahae 💜