5- Mile High Club

"Are you doing alright?" he inquired.

I nodded in acknowledgment.

"Here," he said, retrieving his suit from the car hood and handing it to me. "You're shivering," he remarked.

I gazed at him, struck by his unexpected tenderness. Despite having just dealt with three assailants moments ago, he appeared completely different now.

Leaning in closer, his face mere inches from mine, I could sense his warm breath against my skin amidst the chilly night air.

"Do you plan on wearing it, or would you prefer me?" he teased with a smirk.

Turning away quickly, I didn't want him to see the blush creeping onto my cheeks.

He chuckled softly. "Cute."

I ignored his comment and began walking, but my steps were abruptly halted by a strong grip on my arm.

"Wait here," Stefano uttered, releasing his hold on me.

I stood there, patiently waiting for Stefano when suddenly, a red Ferrari pulled up right in front of me.

I shamelessly gawked at the car. It's not like I hadn't seen a Ferrari before. Sure, I'd seen them in movies, but never this up-close.

"Are you gonna get in or not?" Stefano asked, breaking my trance.

For a few moments, I stood still, weighing the risks of getting into a car with a total stranger.

"He saved your life a few minutes back," my subconscious reminded me.

"True," I agreed, acknowledging the inner reassurance.

I eased into the car, inhaling deeply to savor the sweet aroma emanating from the Ferrari. It was reminiscent of fresh lavender—a delightful fragrance mixed with his scent.

"Buckle up," Stefano said, his voice pulling me back to reality, before starting the car and setting it in motion.

I watched as his knuckles turned a bright pink color from gripping the steering wheel tightly. "How's your hand?" I asked him once we got onto the highway.

"It's okay," he replied, his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"You fought well back there," I commended, acknowledging his bravery.

He smirked. "It's nothing new," he replied with a hint of pride, before pausing. "I used to be a kickboxer, so I'm quite familiar with the human body. I know exactly where to land a punch to cause minimal or maximum pain on my opponent," he explained, his expression turning slightly grim.

"Oh, that explains it," I replied, my frown deepening as I considered the implications of his past.

"So where to?" he asked, and I provided him with my address.

I relaxed a bit, deciding to close my eyes for a minute. The next time I opened them, we were right in front of my building.

"That was quick," I uttered, surprised by how swiftly we had arrived.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"A couple of minutes," he replied, his smile still lingering.

"Oh..." I said, then unbuckled my seat belt.

"Thanks for saving me back there," I said, laughing nervously and fiddling with my fingers. "You really didn't have to, but you chose to save me," I added, placing my hands on the car door.

"Hey! It's nothing," he replied with a smile, his eyes reflecting sincerity.

"It was nice meeting you," I said once outside, hugging myself against the chill of the night.