Prolouge

The pale crescent moon shines silvery in the midst of the night sky. My face bare to the chilly midnight wind. I stared up at the tall man before me. Clad in a sleek, black suit, with his ice-blue gaze fixed on me.

He laughed, a crazy, cackling sound that sent shivers down my spine. I shuddered, feeling my mother's firm grip on my shoulder.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"What do I want she asks." He chortle, to no one in particular. "I want to make him feel pain, darling.. To crawl on his feet begging for death, wanting death ." His voice raucous, penetrating the silence of the night.

"What does it have to do with us?" She questioned.

"Absolutely everything." He accused.

"He is the one you want." She uttered. "Why come after us?"

"Why else do you think?" He responded. "What better way to break a man than taking his woman."

"Since its me you want, let my son go.." She ordered. "I will come with you."

"Sorry darling, but the boy comes along." He smirked.

"Only a coward attacks a man behind his back."

"Only a fool attacks a man to his face" He chuckled. "Now stop stalling, get off the ground and start moving."

Lorenzo

"I said, get up." He yelled, pointing his pistol at me. I slowly rose on my feet, with my mother warm hand holding me closer to her.

"Move." He gestured with his gun.

My mother remained still, not moving an inch away, her strong gaze could burn a hole through him.

"Feisty, aren't you?" He smiled, exposing his porcelain teeth. "Such a pity." He took a few steps forward, standing right before her, his face, a few inches from hers. " A beauty like you have to pay for that scum." He whispered, lifting his hands to grab hold of her chin.

"Don't touch her." I growled, clenching my fingers into a fist.

"Or what kid?" He looked at me.

"This." I stretched my hand forward, punching him with all my might. Which didn't do much damage, but it gave my mother enough time to loosen his grip on her, and smashing her head into his face.

"Bitch." He yelled, holding his bloody nose with his hand.

Lorenzo.

"Run." She screamed.

"I won't leave you." I retorted.

"Get away from here. please " She pleaded, her brown orb glistening with unshed tear as she held me.

"I don't want to." I shake my head in disapproval, as tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"I will be right behind you. I promise." She whispered, holding me in a warm embrace, planting soft kisses on my hair.

I nodded, before running further into the bushes, turning back one last time, to take a look at her.

The air becomes thick, heavy and painful to breathe as I ran as fast as my little legs could take me, deeper into the woods. My vision are blurry, my body weaken, my feet's are bare, digging into the prickling dry twigs, penetrating my skin, cutting through my flesh.

Where was I? I had no idea.

All I knew was, I was lost in the woods.

Everywhere was silent, only the sound of my harsh breath, and the crickets could be heard.

I leaned on a tree, trying to catch my breath. Slowly, descending on the ground, seated with my knees touching my chest, and my arms curled around my knees, with my head between my thighs.

I shouldn't have left her. I should have stayed back, and fought along with her. I shou- My head snaps up, as  I heard the sound of something crushing the dry twigs, and felt a sudden touch of something cold.

I whipped around to find the man reaching for me with his hand, covered in tattoos.

"Found you." His words, echoing in my ear. 

"Get away from me." I yelled.

Enzo! Wake up, damn it.