7- It Was Him

I tilted my head against the cold window of the car, letting my thoughts roam freely. I didn't want to go. All I craved was to be back in my bed, wrapped in my thoughts, and easing my soul with a bowl of ice cream.

But damn, I let Lisa talk me into going clubbing with her. Why did I agree to this? I had no clue.

"We've arrived," the Uber driver announced, interrupting my thoughts.

"Thanks... Here," I replied, handing the driver payment as I stepped out of the car.

I adjusted the sparkly peachy-pink mini dress that Lisa had forcefully made me wear. Its a V-cut neckline, exposing a nice amount of cleavage, and a silver detailing with a criss-cross back. The dress was too tight and revealing for my liking, but it was either this or the naked dress that barely covered my body. It hugged every curve, leaving little to the imagination. Teetering in silver killer heels, my hair pulled up into a sleek ponytail, and light nude makeup to match.

I felt like I'd stepped out of a high-end brothel, and I could almost hear my grandma turning in her grave at the sight of me

"Here goes nothing," I murmured to myself, bracing myself for what lay ahead as the wind ruffled my hair. With a mix of nerves and determination, I strode towards the building.

The word "Paradise" was embellished across the building, accompanied by a provocative silhouette of a woman on her knees, and a man standing above her with his crotch near her face.

I felt the urge to flee or vomit, but it was too late. The Uber had already driven off, and Lisa stood just a few feet away from me, waiting by the door with a beaming smile.

She looked stunning in a sexy black strapless bodycon dress, featuring a halter neckline and ruched detailing. Paired with sky-high silver heels, her hair styled in elegant curls, and a smoky eye makeup look, she exuded confidence and allure.

"You're right on time!" Lisa exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug as soon as I was within reach, almost knocking me off my feet.

"Too tight," I gasped, feeling suffocated in the clingy dress.

"Sorry," she apologized, stepping back. "You look smoking hot in that dress," she added with a giggle.

"More like a porn star," I muttered, shooting her a pointed glare.

"Don't be a party pooper," Lisa scoffed, grabbing me by the waist as we walked over to the door.

My gaze followed the long line of people waiting to get in, wondering what the hype was all about. Sure, I knew it was a new club and probably ridiculously expensive, given how Lisa hadn't stopped talking about it. She couldn't stop talking about how wild the club was rumored to be and how she'd been dying to go.