Descent

"You're not supposed to do this, Seek." Figure bellowed from the top of the stairwell. He grabbed on to a metal pipe and swung down, catching on to the railing infront of you.

You took this as an opportunity to get up to the elevator with your friends following behind you.

The Figure wailed, trying to reach for you but Seek distracted him. He led him to the previous room and you could hear concerning noises.

You unlocked the power room and inside was an electric box that looked to be a puzzle. You let your friend solve it, getting the hang of it through trial and error. It was hard to focus, the ground rumbled with every noise the Figure let out.

Seek attempted to sink into his puddle to escape, but Figure grabbed him by the neck and pulled him right infront of his face.
He attempted to summon the black arms again, but unfortunately Figure countered that as well.

"We've been looking for you."

°"YOU--"

"You are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO AID THE HUMANS TO THE END BUT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOU DID EXACTLY THAT."

"What happened to you, you used to be blood-thirsty just like you were meant to. You've strayed far from your purpose. You've become worse ever since those anomalous people entered. You played along to their thoughts and look where it has brought you. Falling for a pathetic human."

"My biggest mistake was trying to be a loyal friend."

"I did you a favor and you defied the very rule you used to stand by."

°"THIS HOTEL WILL COLLAPSE IF YOU TRY AND DO ANYTHING."

"It will already be collapsing if you're going to be doing this."

"When I am done with you, I will get them next--"

Your friend fixed the elevator power and you all rushed to the stairs. You tripped on the way and your heart stopped for a second. Your friends struggled to pick you up and drag you to the elevator. They threw you against the flooring and dropped to their knees in exhaustion. Your leaf crown fell off your head and rolled to the side.

You could barely focus, but you tried to see if Seek was anywhere. You started getting nervous and tried to go out, but your friends pulled you back in.

.

.

"What are you doing? Stay here! We can't wait for your friend or whatever anymore, we're going to leave!!"

"But I-" you looked to the love letter from that random room and clasped it tightly.

.

.

You panted and tried to calm down, but your mind kept racing and the footsteps of the Figure became faster and faster every second.

From the corner, the Figure came running after Seek who was racing towards you. You couldn't hold it and dashed outside grabbing Seek's hand to pull him in.

"HEY COME BACK--"

°"What are you doing?! YOU SHOULD'VE STAYED I-"

Figure caught up to both of you and took you by the neck. Slamming your head against the metal floor, you gathered all your strength and barely crawled towards the elevator. Your friends started repeatedly pressing the malfunctioning button to close the doors, not noticing your current state.

°"Goddamnit [R]!!"

Seek summoned the black slimey arms again, catching Figure off-guard and managing to block him for a few moments.
Seek carried you, nearly tripping on all the wires and wooden planks lying around.
Your friends watched in horror, unable to do anything knowing that if they step out they'd face the same fate.