the capitol's secrets

I was getting ready for the parade now. My hair had been put up in a crown braid and covered in glitter and sea shells. They barely put any makeup on me except for my eyes. They put on a gradient of blue eye shadow on and mascara along with some eyeliner. They put some concealer under my eyes then added a faint blue tint. My makeup artist put the smallest rinestones I had ever seen on the blue tint under my eyes to look like sparkling freckles. Next was the dress. 

The dress was very thin and light it had a coral color and off the shoulder sleeves that flowed past where my arms stoped. The top was a corset covered in shimmering sea shells. Once I saw myself I was in complete denial that I was actually the one standing in the mirror. My stylist outdid themselves. I was going to have so many scratches on my arms from all the pokey shells on my corset.

I walked out of my room and over to the chariots and was met with Avon. He was wearing a pair of tan trousers and a net shirt with nothing underneath. I just walked right past him and sat in the chariot. After spending so much time with Finnick in the ocean I wasn't phased by seeing a shirtless male. I looked around and noticed many of the girls were giggling and pointing at Avon. He seemed to be taking it all in and winking at the girls so I decided to have a little fun myself.

"Nice abs Avon." I complemented. I smirked as he blushed at my comment.

"Hey what about my abs?" Finnick asked defensively as he came up to us.

"Yours are much better." I said as I stood up nodding reassuringly. Avon scoffed at my answer and I began to laugh.

"Someone's jealous." Finnick said as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

"Ouch." Finnick said as he flinched away slightly.

"Yea watch out the corset is kinda sharp." I said as I checked his arms for any scratches.

"You look beautiful." He said as he stepped away to take it all in.

"Thank you Finn." I said smiling making him smile.

After a few minutes the parade began. After districts one, two, and three left Avon and I rode out on the chariot. I looked around to see thousands of capital citizens waving and shouting my name. I didn't hear anyone shouting Avon's name. I wondered if this was snow or just the capital citizens. I waved back and blew kisses. I needed to get sponsors out in the arena so I had to make a good impression.

As I rode past snow, I smirked and looked dead into his cold eyes. He looked back at me. He kept his composer but his eyes told me he was confused why I was smirking. Snow wasn't going to take me out this easily. Something in me told me once I saw snow kill my father he couldn't intimidate me anymore. The capitals citizens loved me and would probably spoil me in the games not to mention finnick was my mentor and would be controlling everything the sponsors tried to send me. 

Once the parade was over I was approached by a peacekeeper. The guy grabbed my arm harshly and dragged me to a car and pushed me inside. I was supposed to be going back to the game center but I guess snow had other plans for my whereabouts. I decided to mess around and roll down the windows of the car and wave at all the citizens. I secretly hoped someone was filming or watching me leave so they could spread the word to the other tributes but I wasn't betting on it. The peacekeepers let me have a little fun until we reached president Snow's large mansion.

I was escorted in and sat on a couch to wait for the president's arrival. Once he entered the house I stood up and waited for him to join me. Snow dismissed his staff and sat on a couch opposite me. I sat back down without saying a word.

"Do I intimidate you?" Snow asked as he poured two cups of tea.

"No, sir." I replied. I didn't smirk this time as a was a bit worried why I was invited to his home.