Chapter 5

"So Reyelle right this way is your office?" Lucy says as she opens the door to my new office.
"It's not much but, it will get you started." She says sliding her hand across the desk.

Did she just say not much? This space is going to be my everything for the next couple of months. This office is more than enough, more than I could ever ask for.

"Will this office suffice?" She ask looking at my now stunned face

"It—-It's perfect," I manage to spit out.
"Great. So Reyelle, it is Friday, and I don't want you to be here late, but if you could just sketch me out a rough draft of something. Anything really, I just want to see how you work under pressure." She says looking at me seriously.
"Sorry Lucy, Under pressure?" I ask confused.
"Oh yes, I need this design by 3:00pm today, think of this as a trial. A trial to see if I can take you seriously!" She says walking toward the door.
"Oh alright, Thanks Lu—-" before I can finish Lucy is already gone and the door closes abruptly.

Currently 12:30pm

Amy<3: How is it going babes?
Me: This lady is crazy, she wants me to design something and have it on her desk by 3!!!
Amy<3: Woahhhh there girl... Did she give you a theme? Casual Wear? Formal Wear?
Me: NOTHING!
Amy<3: Well you're Reyelle Monroe, future national known fashion designer. You got this babes!
Me: Ily ❤️
She's right!

A few hours go by and I finally sketch up something that I can say, I'm truly proud of! It usually takes me about a day and a half to sketch up designs. Turns out I work well under pressure! I designed a gala dress, with a few optional sequins going down the front-middle part of the dress. I even included a few fabric suggestions I found in my new office drawer. This has to be the best design I've done yet.

I grab my design and head to Lucy's office to drop it off

I've gotta say, some of the designers here are very... serious. It's seems like none of them have a passion for fashion as I do, like they just do this to pay the bills. I've always prided myself into finding a job that I loved, and Lord knows, I don't want to end up like these people. Taking fashion designing too serious, serious enough to be very strict about it.