Unknown (part two)

What happened here?
"G..General Bairon"
All of them were already startled for some reason, my presence make it worse.
I looked at the beast corpses, it looks like someone with great skills cut them off.
"A group of intruders wearing dark attire came through the portals, with these beasts.. We tried to evacuate the people first,our front liners tried to stop the monsters but it wasn't enough as you can see many of our people lying on the ground as well.." One of them spoke out.
"Then someone wearing a mask showed up from nowhere and then.." The guy flinched.."Then it was a massacre!"
Someone wearing a mask saved them but why, why someone would do that. There can be two reasons behind that, either he's with the intruders or...
"Lance Bairon" A message rang up.
"The Council restricting the cities and ask for your presence in the castle"

After monitoring the situation I left Xyrus, the city is on high alert more soldiers are deployed.
I still don't understand what was the gain behind this assault.
I landed on the flying castle, the sky looks bleak.

Guards nodded as I entered council meeting room, All the King and Queen of three races were sitting down with four of my companions.
"Bairon, what's the situation?" King Glayder asked.
I described everything.
"Someone protect the people wearing a mask? But why?" Queen Glayder said.
There were a few changes of words about what could be the reason..
"I know him, he's one of my people" we looked at the door as we saw Elder Virion Eralith entered the room. Virion Eralith, former King of Eleanor.
We all bowed.
"Who is he Elder Virion?" Queen Glayder asked.
"It's not necessary to know about him, just think he's an asset, Priscilla."
The meeting proceeded for a while.

"Varay, do whatever you need I just want information"
" Understood my Lord" Varay nodded.