Chapter 11- Breaking Point...

After all me and Lauren have been through, keeping secrets and telling lies feels like a foreign, unwelcomed experience.

So i've retreated to my office to push the temperamental thoughts out, going through the case again.

"I feel like i'm in some sort of crime documentary. Lauren shot her own father?"

"They never did get along. Now we know why Victor got the gunshot wound, it helps, but i have more questions than answers..."

"Maybe the neighbours were bribed into lying by saying they only heard one gunshot?"

"Everyone within a one-mile radius who would have heard the gunshot was stinking rich, for them to take a bribe the Thorne's must've had something they really wanted."

"Maybe it's time to give up. Cases don't get solved, it happens."

"No, Andy! I've spent years trying to solve this case, there's no damn way i'm backing out now. If you want out, be my guest." Andy holds his hands up in surrender, "I didn't say i'm backing out, Alton."

"Sorry, sorry. It's just with things between me and Lauren still...raw, Luka on my back, and this case..."

"Beer?"

"No, i need to solve this case somehow...i need to keep a clear head. Thanks for the offer, though."

I've lost count of how many hours i've been stuck in this goddamn office, the bleak walls are beginning to hurt my head. "Get your fucking shit together, Emma." I was fine before Lauren, and i can be fine now.

I need to do something to get this anger, this frustration out of me.

As calmly as possible, i drive home, barely missing the speed limit. I swing the door open, then i slam it. Thank god Max is staying at my sisters tonight. I notice Lauren sitting on the plush white couch, trailing in thought.

"Hey, baby girl. I'm sorry that i-" i begin undressing, beginning with my heels, peeling them off my feet. I rip open my work blouse to reveal my blue lacy bra. "We're gonna have sex right now and i don't give a damn what you have to say about it."

"But i-"

I storm over to her and swing my legs onto the couch to straddle her, my knees squeezing her hips. I passionately lay a loaded kiss on her, catching her lips in a wild moment. "I told you i don't give a damn."

"Are you sure it's the right time?"

"I don't care. I want you and that's all that matters. I'm still angry, but doesn't mean i can't get it out like this."

I am a switch. Ever since Lauren, my dominant side has taken a break...until now.

I lean down and shower her neck with kisses, whispering ever so subtly into her ear, "Dungeon. Now."

Lauren slides the doors closed with her arms behind her back, kissing me and waiting for what comes next.

"I know you're not a sub, but i want some control tonight. I want you naked for me..."

She can't help but abide to my harsh tone. No kiss, whip or minute will be wasted from the second we arrived in here till the second we leave.

I grab some lingerie from our bedroom before returning to see Lauren stripped to the bare standing in the middle of our private dungeon, raking her hair.

"Tonight, you're gonna do what i say. You've had all the fun so far, and it's not fair i've missed out."

"No, i suppose it's not." to her surprise, i yank out a wooden chair forcefully, slamming it down onto the floor.