9

Everything resumed its normal course. Jenny and Diana talked whenever they could. Jenny told Diana things about herself and what was going on around town. From her stories, she had the impression that she already knew everyone in town. She knew, for example, that Bruce at the store across the street had recently married Charlotte, the store's cashier. Like Megan, the kindergarten teacher, and John, who worked for Jason's car workshop, they had an adorable two-month-old baby girl named Stacy. Simple and common things about the people of this town. But the most important thing Diana had learned from Jenny, in one of her verbal accesses, was that Jenny was in love with a guy named Charlie. She didn't directly acknowledge this, but the way she talked about him, how much praise she brought him, convinced Diana that this was the truth. When she told Jenny what she thought, she vehemently denied it and changed the subject.

Diana chose to leave her be for the moment. This realization had to come from Jenny. But if she helped her a little in this regard, it would be no harm done, she thought. She will have to give Jenny some time to think, to be able to admit to herself, first of all, what she was feeling.

She didn't know when she had mastered these skills as a suitor, but she was at peace with it. The relationship with Jason progressed nicely and with small steps, as she had wanted.

The next two weeks passed without her feeling it. She split her time between the office, Jenny and Jason. She talked to her friend Andy once a couple of days and she assured her that the investigation was ongoing.

One Saturday morning, Jason was waiting for her at the back door, but this time Diana was ready. She was no longer in a robe and slippers, but she was dressed in a light summer jumpsuit paired with some sandals.

She had learned by now that every time Jason gave her a message telling her that he was waiting for her somewhere, it was better for her to be properly dressed. Not in pajamas.

Jason had taken her to the same lawn where they had breakfast two weeks ago at the shade of the same tree. The only difference was that there was a guitar on the blanket now.

"Nice. But know that, no matter how much I wanted to learn, I don't know how to play the guitar." Diana said when she saw it.

"You don't, but I do." Jason replied, sitting down and taking the guitar in his arms. "Another little information about me that I wanted to share with you."

"If your goal was to impress me, you must know it worked," Diana said. She laid down on the blanket and rested her head on one hand. "You were the captain of the football team in high school, you own a car workshop and you can repair everything that has an engine, you are the alpha of your pack that you take care of in every way, you drive a Harley and now you play the guitar." said Diana, counting on her fingers. "Is there something you can't do?"

Jason looked at her with a sad smile and replied, "Yes. There is... I can't make you fall in love with me the way I am with you."

"You are?"

"Completely and without escape."

Diana smiled, feeling her heart skip a beat. But tried not to show it right now. "If you play the guitar for me, maybe you'll succeed."

Jason smiled at her and complied. From the strings of his guitar came the most beautiful song she had ever heard played on a classical guitar. She stared at him, admiring the kindness with which he touched the strings and the sounds he could make with their help.

His voice woke her from her dreamy state, "If you want, I can teach you how to play the guitar."

"I don't even know how to read a partition, so you can consider me aphonous from this point of view."