Chapter 3 Vee

"You Like them, you soo do!" Luz says, me, Luz, and her friends are out to lunch after school, where they all saw me wear Masha's rings to school until I saw them and gave them back to Masha where they let me keep two of the fidget rings causing a chain reaction of 'ooo's' and 'aww's' from my family/friends.

"no i do not, willow please, help me here" i say pleading with her to be on my side, they shrug "Luz has a point, Masha really seems like your type" i cross my arms "not helping Willow" i say they shrug and takes another bite of her ice cream, "Vee take it from someone who fell in love with this dork, sometimes you just like them wether you want to admit it or not" Amity says leaning on Luz.

"I'm a dork?" Luz questions, Amity nods "yes you are, but your my dork" she says with a smile, i dont know how we keep getting on this converstion, Friday approched quicker than i wanted, meaning i have to preform on stage which i havent done in a while, "ok next is Vee Noceda" Mrs Clara says, i mentally groan before walking up to the stage "what song are you preforming miss Noceda?" she asks.

i stare out at the crowed, all my pers starring at me, "i umm, i- I'm going to sing- umm Lost Boy" i say she nods and writes it down "start" she says, i take a deep breath before pulling up the microphone "There was a time when i was alone, Nowhere to go, no where to call home" i stare out at the crowed, "my only friend was the man in the moon, and even, sometimes, he would go away too" my mind raced foucing on my voice, "then one night as i closed my eyes, I saw a shadow flying high, He came to me with the sweeties smile" my mind blocks the thoughs and just sings.

before i know it the song is over and the whole auditorium was loud with the sound of people cheering and claping, i blush and head to my seat, "ok soo the rolls will be posted next thrusday, i will exspect you come in ready to read your lines friday, and pratice if you dont get a speaking roll be ready to work on sets and if your an understudy please do both thank you class dismised".

i walk with Gina out, we both meet the rest of the group outside of school, "sooo how'd it go?" Masha asks "it went fine" i mummble Gina looked at me then wrapped an arm around me "fine? you did great, Masha you should have seen it she just took over that stage didnt you Vee" she say, i blush at the complement, "come on dudes" Trever says.

the seven of us head to ice cream since its friday, since the first day, even when i was luz, friday was alaways ice cream or coffee day today since no parents could drive us, and Masha doesnt have a car, it was ice cream, we arrive at sweetie's ice cream, the shop is walking distance from the school, I approch the counter with the others, "Three chocolate, two strawberry, and two mint" Masha says reciting the same order we get every week, we all put in our cash for our ice cream and head to a seat, chating about random things.

Ashton is high functioning autistic meaning that sometimes he gets overwhelmed in our group, everyone knows this and accomadates to him espeically Star, He's always ready to get Ash out of an overwheling situaltion, this is one of those times, Ashton is siting across from me covering their ears while being squised into the booth i was about to do something when Star's blue hair appered walking over to ashton, "do you want to go outside?" Star whisper loud enough for Ashton to hear but bacause of my demoness i could also hear him.

Ashton nodded and climmed out of the booth following Star outside, i turn back to Masha whos next to me, they turn their head and smile i smile back, slowly we disperse, Star's dad driving Ashton and him home, the others left shortly after until it was just me, Masha, and Trever "Dude, are you two like dating?" Trever asks out of the blue.

I blush and shake my head, "sorry dude you would be mistaken" Masha says "we're just good friends, best friends" Masha says wrapping an arm around me, friends, that word hurt my feelings a little, I walked outside seeing Camilia pull into the parking lot, i clime in the passenger seat and sigh, "whats wrong mija?" she asks i shrug "this friend that I dont like like, but do like like hurt my feelings a little by calling me just a friend and i dont know how to take it" i say Camilia tilts her head "do you like like this friend?" Camilia asks.

i sigh and lay my head on the dash bored "i dont know" i groan and mummble, i hear a small chuckle and turn my head to my mom, "Vee sweetheart, your just learning how to live a normal human life, when your not even human, lesson one human emotions, no one understands them, I was married for years and still didnt know why i loved this man but i just did, and if you like this person, take it from me its better to make a fool out of yourself and tell them than keep it bottled up" Camilia says.

I smile and hug her "thank you" i whisper, we make it home where I'm met with the worried exspressions of my siblings, "whats going on?" i ask Luz faces me "you need to see it for yourself" she states, i walk into the living room behind Luz who had her new cloak on ,Eda had made this one was a dark green, in the living room the portal door was open, "where, whats going on?" i ask Hunter stands beside Luz "we both need to go back, something, something has infested the boiling isles with some sleeping curse, we we're going to ask if you want to come with us, another set of eyes?" Hunter asks.

my eyes flicker between them and the portal, i shake my head, bad memories flood that place, that titan awful place, "sorry, but i can't" i say they nod understanding "well in the mean time could you hold up the fort?" Luz asks i nod, "Bye mom" Luz says hugging camilia, mom frowns and hugs Luz tight, before walking over to hunter "you two stay safe ok?" Camilia asks hunter and Luz both nod before walking into the portal and disapering.

"I'm going to be in my room Vee, there's dinner on the counter" Camilia says and heads upstairs, i pretend not to hear her crying, she hates it everytime she leaves, i eat my food then head up to my room, i start to do my homework when i get a text from Masha, long story short that one text turnned into hours of conversation the homework was abandoned.........................

words: 1213 11/7/2022