Potential

Eve Pov

I woke up in Daichi's lap, which confused me. "You wouldn't wake up, so I compromised." He said without missing a beat and I started giggling while sitting up. We ate breakfast with everyone for once, since I was a little hungry. We ate for about half an hour, then went to warm up. They were doing some receiving drills. I was with the bad receivers to show them the correct form. "Make sure the ball hits your forearm, NOT your hands. Unless you want to be in pain the whole match." All their faces twisted a bit, and I told them to get into pairs to do a rally between them. I had to join in since there was an uneven number of them, so I was with Hinata. He sat on the floor, and we only managed 1 between us both before he hit it off to the left.

Time skip to lunch

I managed to escape to the bathroom before lunch to get away from everyone and chill for a bit. After around 5 minutes I left the bathroom knowing that there would be less food and a few of the players would have gone to either their rooms or the gym. But my prediction was only a little correct. Everyone left but Daichi, of course, saved me a full plate of food. I tried to bolt to the room before Daichi said anything, but I was too late, "Eve, come here." I went over, looking down at my feet, and he gave me a soft sincere smile, then said "Eat what you can." I just nodded and silently started eating. This time was different though, the third years left me to go grab something. As soon as they left though, I felt like I wanted to eat for ONCE in my life.

I finished half of my food and went to the managers room because I wanted to sleep desperately. It was empty so I was playing songs without my earphones and having the time of my life until Daichi came in to give me a hot chocolate. I took out my book and started reading for what felt like an eternity. I had put in my earphones so that I could try ignore the shouting from the gym, and didn't notice that Bokuto and his accomplice Kuroo sneaked their way into the room until it was too late.

"Bo- AHHHHH" He had picked me up and was running to the gym with Kuroo following him. I was trying to hold onto his shirt so I could be sure I wouldn't fall. He went into a gym and finally stopped running. I was so angry I could have killed. "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?" He just laughed in my face, "Will you set for me?" He set me down on a bench and I punched him in the nose. "HOW DUMB ARE YOU? Also only for a hot chocolate, the same Daichi got me." The one Daichi got me was the first and best hot chocolate I had ever had. So I for sure wanted another. He agreed and took me to their net. I don't know how the frosted tipped owl expected me to set from the floor but let's see.

He pulled out one of their coach boxes and helped me onto it. Kuroo had run off to go get Kenma to practice. Just as he finished Oikawa came in. "Hey Eve, want to set with me." That guy pisses me off. "NO." I turned to Akashi who was acting like the libero, and he threw up a ball. The set was better than I expected it to be. He hit in and his eyes lit up like a puppy. I looked over at Akashi and I swear I saw him smile. He threw another ball to me, but it was further in front of me, so I nearly fell off of the block.

Daichi came in panicked and looking for me. Turns out he went in there to give me some fruit but realised I wasn't there, but my chair was. So, he was running around crazy trying to find me. He found me and asked how on earth I managed to get into the gym. Bokuto tried to run away from the wrath of Daichi, but Akashi grabbed him. "Bokuto and Kuroo came into the room and grabbed me and started to run around everywhere with me." Asahi and Coach came into the gym as soon as I said that. Followed by Nekomata and Fukorodani's coach.

Once those imbeciles got finished with their 20-minute lecture, the players got ready for loads of practice matches while I was helping some of the managers with making diner. I was helping Kiyoko with some of the deserts. She made a chocolate cake, and I made a vanilla one with different fruits. I knew that loads of the players liked fruit better than chocolate so I thought it would be a good idea. 

About an hour later, everyone was running into the lunchroom as quick as a dog running after a rabbit. I was hiding in the kitchen for 5 minutes for the rush to die down. I sat with Nekoma today since Kenma told me about a new game he was playing. Kenma was similar to me as he doesn't eat as much as everyone else. He played his game while eating with me watching, fascinated. We had to go to the final training of the day which was more working on tactics rather than skills. My specialty, tactics.

Time skip to 10pm

I'm dead. I had to explain a feint to Hinata. I went into the room and flopped onto my bed. Kiyoko came in and just giggled at me. I started thinking about what had happened through the day and all the other players potential. Maybe they will make it to nationals, I wonder if they have enough strength to beat Shiratorizawa.

Blossom here!

I am incredibly sorry about the big break I took but school has been so busy. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying my books!

Have a great day / Night

1022 words