Freedom

Eve Pov

Once we got close to home, I realised what had changed. There was a ramp up the stairs. Most wouldn't think a big deal of it, but this is massive to me. I got into the house. There was a cupboard full of everything I would ever need when I'm in the house alone. "How long did this take?" I asked mom. "Only an hour." This is crazy. "Want to see upstairs?" Daichi had the biggest smile on his face. I started to go up the stairs the same way I used to, there was no change there. But on my bedroom door, there was a handle I could actually reach without falling over. The bathroom door had a lock I could reach and a better step for me to get in the bath, with the shower head lower so I could shower rather than bath. "Thanks!" I said with a genuine smile once I got back downstairs. "There's more, but you have to wait till tomorrow." 'Why do you do this to me?'

The next morning

"Eve, get up!" Jees its 6 in the morning, how do you have this much energy. "Yup." It's my second day of school and I already hate it. I got ready and met Daichi downstairs with a piece of toast, then we were out the door.  We met with the either 3rd years and went to the store for a snack. I didn't get anything though. We got to the gym. There was a bit of wood as a makeshift ramp. It's the thought that counts. Today, I just put myself in a corner to do a bit of setting then a familiar voice came booming through the gym. "Eve, Can I go in your wheelchair?" Hinata can be so childish. He can't do any harm. "Don't mess with anything on it." Next thing I know, he is on the floor after trying to do a wheelie. Give them an inch, they take a mile. I got to the chair to make sure he didn't break anything, but instead found out that he had taken off the break. I learnt that the hard way.

When I tried to climb in the chair, it rolled back, and I hit my face on the METAL footplate. " Hinata, you are so lucky I can't run." If I could, I would have gotten expelled for violence. Luckily, Daichi fixed that problem for me. One lecture later, practice started. They were doing spiking, the one drill I can't help with. So, I sit on a chair and see if it goes out at the back. It was Kageyamas hit, and I could tell that he was getting a bit angry. His aim was a bit off, so the ball went out in both directions, he was aiming for the corner. but after it bounced, it flew right in front of my face.

Daichi Pov

I offered to set for Kageyama, since Suga was resting with Asahi. He looked tense, I did a set lower than usual 'He's not going to like that'. His face twisted with anger and hit, but with little control. It bounced out, then into Eve's face. Everyone looked over in shock to see that she caught it just before it hit her face. (That one scene that I can't find) She moved the ball from in front of her face. She had a slight smirk. She got into a serving position. She served with good power and height, but by the time it got to where we were standing it had lowed a lot.

Eve Pov

Damn, I wish I had enough strength to get it over every time. Ten minutes later, we were taking a break, I was talking to Hinata about receiving form. He still looked confused, so I showed him with a demonstration, but it was unsuccessful. He just looked at me like a confused puppy.

After First class

At break, I was sat in my next classes room, since it is easier to go early. I was catching up on homework that I completely forgot existed. Tsukishima came in with Tadashi, and they sat next to me, with Tadashi between us. Our teacher came in, and just ignored our existence. I had to hold back a laugh when his face twisted looking at the two boys' volleyball shoe bag. 5 minutes later, all the other students came in. This is the worst class of the day, English.

When lunch came around, I got stuck in the classroom for a while because of the rush to the lunchroom, so I got to the meeting late and got a big lecture. Once that was over coach explained something. "We have a training camp this Thursday for 5 days, so we need all of your parents to sign these papers so that you have permission to go on this trip." I immediately got exited but also nervous. "Will I be able to go?" Coach Ukai nodded his head. "Would I tell you if you couldn't come kid?"  That made sense.

Once we got home, we started to cook for Suga and Asahi since they were staying for a night. I started a sauce for a bolognaise, while Daichi did the dishes from this morning and cleaned the table. We were talking casually, but the topic of my paralysis. "Do you have to go to the doctors any time soon?" I couldn't remember so I went over to the coffee table to where my medical papers were. "Uhhh, in 2 days actually." I thought I had longer than that.

I always hated going to these appointments, because I always get told the same thing. '"Nothing has changed"' A few seconds passed, and the doorbell rang. "Hey, what's cooking it smells amazing?" I think Asahi is hungry. "It's bolognaise, and it should be done in a bit." They both smiled and went over to the couch, while I went to the kitchen to get them both a drink, until I realised a messed up. 'I can't push the wheels.' I mentally facepalmed and put one of their drinks down.

Once dinner was ready, Daichi served it up while I got the utensils. We blessed the food and dug in. "Wow, Eve you can cook." Suga said with a proud look like the mother he is. We started small talk, and I had a weird idea. "Do you guys want to come to my next hospital appointment?" I immediately regretted asking and tried to hide my face as it turned red. "Of course, we want to support you!" They said it in a way I hadn't heard before. I had to hold back my tears. So I went upstairs to bed, it was 11:36pm. I guess I am strong.

1123 words

Blossom here,

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter; I know it took a while to come out I've been busy with school, high school sucks! Have a good day/night

I'm just now watching haikyuu to the top and I'm loving it.