Why can't you understand?

Eve Pov

I'm a confirmed idiot. At least I didn't call him. I got a drink and continued watching the match, even though it was nearly half time. At around 8 I got a text from Daichi.

7:58

Daichi Eve

Do you need anything while I can come get it for you?

No

Are you sure?

Yup, just watching sports.

Cool

See you tonight

Yea see ya.

8:02

After the match finished I went into the garden to get some fresh air and a bit of exercise. Their garden had a patch of grass so I got out and worked on my blocks and spikes. the net isn't taller than our shoulders so jumping isn't needed. I play wing spiker, or that's the one that I learnt. I'm like an all rounder. I practiced for around an hour before mom came home and saw me in the yard. I had just done a receive against the wall so it looked like I had fallen out of my chair. So she ran out panicking. "I'm fine, I was playing volleyball." Her eyes went from panic to surprise when I said that. Then we both went back inside, but I went up to my room since it felt weird being alone with her.

It was 2:17 and Mom brought up a sandwich. I wasn't really that hungry, so I only ate half of it since I didn't feel like eating a lot. I tried to bring the plate back down but ended up dropping the other half of the sandwich. After that mess Daichi came home. "Eve, wanna come to my volleyball practice?" I hesitantly nodded as I was going to change since I was in jeans. After we left the house he was explaining what would happen

Daichi Pov  Flashback to morning practice

After Eve hat messaged me, coach asked me why I stopped and then after my explanation, he asked if I could bring her to the after school practice. I agreed and we got back to another match. Then 20 minutes before lessons, I asked her if there was anything she needed but she said no. Then we were on our way to lessons.

After all the lessons in the day, I left the classroom and headed towards the front gate to get Eve, but Hinata was walking by, "Daichi, aren't you coming to practice?" I explained that all the team will have a new coach for the day. His eyes lit up then he raced Kageyama to the gym. Once I got Eve, I realised she was hiding her face, and she wouldn't let me help her up the curbs.

Eve Pov

This is so embarrassing, this is the same feeling I had at the orphanage. All the eyes staring at me. Then Daichi kept insisting to help me up the curbs. "I don't need your help." After I said that he stopped. Then we got to his school, it was bigger than the orphanage. I got out my earphones to try and distract myself with music. It only helped a little. Then we got to the gym and there were steps. Daichi asked if I needed help and I reluctantly agreed since there would be people inside, but It was either sit outside or be carried in. Once he opened the door and carried me in, all eyes were on me.

3rd Person Pov

All the eyes in the gym either became surprised or confused. "Whoa! Daichi who is that?" Eve hid her face again when Daichi sat her on the bench. "Eve, my sister."  Tanaka and Noya ran up to her and started asking questions. "How old are you?" She stayed silent "Do you play sports?" She nodded. "What sports?" She stayed silent. "Oi leave her alone!" Sugawara shouted. After Suga shouted at them and they backed off, Eve whispered something. "I'll show you." 

She slid off the bench and dragged herself to the service line, grabbed a ball and served to just under the net. "What was that? You didn't even get over the net?" "TANAKA!" Suga yelled in defence of Eve. "I play sitting volleyball, that would have been a service ace." Eve says in a monotone way.

Eve Pov

Are all these guys idiots? They play volleyball but don't know the sitting version? "Why didn't you walk to the line?" "Why can't you understand?" I shouted and all eyes turned to me. Then I tried to leave the gym. But that was a lost cause. Daichi helped me outside. After he set me down, I burst out crying. Daichi just sat with me.

Daichi Pov

She broke down crying again, no wonder Tanaka is so stupid he doesn't know what he is saying. We were sat outside for around 10 minutes before she decided to go back in. I sat her in her wheelchair so she could go to a quiet place if she wanted. Then we got into spiking practice and she was looking at all the spikers, then to her phone. When we were doing our 10 minute break, she went over to the stage. Me and Suga kept a close eye on her. She looked as if she was trying to stand. "Eve, what are you doing?" She stayed silent, but actually managed to stand for a brief moment before falling back into her chair. "What did it look like?" She sounded out of breath, Then Hinata went up to Suga.

Suga Pov

"Can Eve walk?" Is there a brain in there? I shook my head. His eyes looked sadder. "Can we go Daichi?" Eve sounded pretty desperate. Daichi looked to coach, he nodded. There was only the strategy part of practice left so I could write it down and give it to him.

3rd person Pov

As they were going home, Eve was listening to music, while Daichi was walking ahead. Then she spoke up. "Why are they all such idiots?" She sounded angry. "They are all just a bit stupid, except Tsukishima." She just nodded. Once they got home, their mother had just started to make dinner, but was confused on why they were home early. Daichi explained the situation while Eve was going upstairs. She went into her room ang pulled out her volleyball.

Eve Pov

I was trying to see how powerfully I could spike. I set up a nest so that I won't destroy the floor and or wall. Also so Daichi and mom can't hear me. But that didn't work how I thought it would. I hit a really good one but it rolled to the other end of the room, but it didn't fully hit the nest. Then Daichi ran up into my room, "Eve are you ok?"

1088 words

Blossom here

Sorry for the slow update, I am at my uncles farm so I haven't had alot of time with the wifi so I could only write at night. 

Hope you enjoyed!