💖 02 💖

"Mam, thalaiviku call paningala? Ava yen inaiku leave?" Shakthi asked, as soon as Priya entered the class

Priya's tongue stick to the roof of her mouth, palate, "Ahh..."

"Ava illama classla thookama varuthu, Mam." Ammu said and the yawn came out naturally, making everyone laugh.

"Pathingala pathingala! Ippadi than ivaloom thoongi engalayum thoonga vaikura!" Shravnitha looked at Priya with puppy eyes, making others laugh harder.

"SILENCE!" Priya shouted and the whole class went silent. She then turned to the trio, "How many times I have to tell you that you must talk in english inside my class?! Get out of the class!"

Trio looked at each other like what had happened now and gathered their belongings.

"Mam, irunga naan poi Jeeva sirkita ungaluku veetuku porapo BP tablets vangitu vara solran. Ivlo tension familyku agathu, Mam." Shakti teased before moving out with the girls.

Priya sighed in relief that now they wouldn't ask her about Shruti and started taking her class.

"Pothum, Na. Please..." Shruti pushed the plate away and turned her face to other side.

"Innum konjam, Thangam. Ore oru vai." Rakshan fed her slowly and made her drink water.

"Anna, appa amma... eppo kudupanga? Namma hospital pogalama?" Shruti's eyes didn't shed single drop of tears. It seems like she had drained out all her tears and energy since yesterday night.

Rakshan didn't have any answer for her question. But he had to tell something, "Thangam, konjam neram nee thoongu. Nee rompa weak ah irukanu doctor sonnaru. Appavum ammavum evlo feel panuvanga, nee ivlo weak ah iruntha. En thangam la thoonguda annakaga."

He made her lay on the bed and caressed her hairs. Shruti didn't have any energy to argue with him nor she had a strength to see her parent's dead body, though she asked casually.

She closed her eyes, though she didn't feel like sleeping due to severe headache. Rakshan kept on caressing her hairs until she fell asleep and came out of the room.

Aakash was standing with his hands folded against his chest and he was leaning against the door frame. All the while, he was just listening to Shruti's voice, which he was hearing for the first time in person throughout his life till now.

But he wasn't expecting this situation. Her feeble and painful voice made him hate himself. He closed his eyes and teardrops finally escaped his eyes like a water fall.

Rakshan patted his shoulder and went to the living room. He sat on the couch with his palms resting on his knees and covering his face totally.

Aakash went inside where Shruti was sleeping and took slow steps towards her. His gaze was totally fixed on her pale face. He was seeing her for the very first time, keenly observing her facial features.