💖 10 💖

Girls made Shruti to sit beside Aakash and got down the stage to stand with boys. Aakash leaned close to her, making her heart to thump against her rib cage heavily.

Aak whispered: open your veil.

Shruti just hummed, as words betrayed to escape through her vocals. Her hands shivered, as she took them from her lap.

Aakash smiled and unveiled her by keeping her veil over her head properly. She was looking down at the holy fire. Whereas his gaze was stuck to her angelic face.

Shrav shouted: mams, flat ayitingala?

Shruti blushed, yet determined to not divert her gaze from the fire. Aakash rubbed his nape to hide his blush and held her hand in his.

Aak: raise your head and look before you.

She shook her head as no and took her hand from him in shy.

Akhi: photographer thambi, ava vekka padrathellam clear cover pannidunga. Atha vache avala seiyanum.

Aakash friend, Pugazh, who was covering the wedding in his camera, gave a stern look to Akhila before resuming his work.

Akhi: ippo naan enna ketutanu intha aalu ippadi moraikuran. Sariyana sidu moonji!

Pug: ketuchu!

Akhi: kekanumnu than sonan!

They both glared at each other and twisted their lips turning to other side.

Aak huskily: paaru, ma.

His husky voice sent shiver down her spine and she slowly raised her head to look at the scenario of waves crashing on the shore. Happiness in her face could not be measured that brightened her face like a moon.

She looked at Aakash finally with happy tears. He smiled and wiped those teardrops.

Shr whispered: How do you know?

Before Aakash could say anything Priest interrupted and asked them to do ritual silently. He asked them both to exchange the garlands. Then he gave a plate with nuptial chain to get blessing from others to Priya.

Pri: iyyare, ithu enna manja kayiru appuram black and gold chain iruku.

Aak: haan, athu enga veetla antha chain than poduvanga. Ammathu athan...

Pri smiled: oh, okay.

She took the plate to everyone and they blessed it and took a handful of flowers and rice.

Priest: nathanaru mudichu yaaru poda varel?

Shr: Shravu, nee vaa di thangam.

Shrav: hey, pae, naanlam varala. Avar enaku anna lam kedaiyathu. En mama.

Shr: athellam enaku theriyathu, nee than podanum vaa.

Shrav: hey, po di!

Shr: nee va di!