DP Episode 7: Battle between Old Rivals

3rd P.O.V

After Ace defeats Roark in a Gym Battle and gets his first Gym Badge also Ace Stone's Turtwig evolved into Grotle. When Paul began to leave the Gym, Ash intervenes saying that he wants Paul to watch his match against Roark, then both of them were staring at each other, but then Paul smirked which ticked off Ash.

Ash: "What's so funny?"

Paul: "That you want me to watch you lose, I only care about Ace match that's why I came here."

Brock: "Is it true?"

He said while looking at Ace and so does everyone else.

Ace: "Yeah, I ask him to see how strong I become since the last time that I met him."

Ash: "What?!"

But suddenly Dawn and Pikachu intervene between them from getting out of control Paul looked at Dawn with a serious look

Dawn: "W-What's wrong?"

Paul: "What's wrong, Just who are you anyway?"

Dawn: "Excuse me for your rudeness, but this is our first time meeting, but I'm Dawn, Ace's new companion!  Ace and I went with you to the Pokemon Center, remember?"

Paul: "I don't remember except for Ace, you're just a nobody."

Dawn: "You think your funny, don't ya!"

But before Dawn could attack Paul, Ace stops them from getting out of control.

Ace: "Paul, stop insulting my new friend, would you? And just for once watch Ash battle against Roark and with that's over you can leave, is that okay?"

Dawn: "Ace..."

Roark: "You're welcome to stay."

Paul: "Fine...With that enthusiasm from my old rival, how can I refuse."

Zoey: "Man...That guy is a jerk. Only Ace could recognize him as his equal while the rest were just extras."

Ash: "Good and I'm going to show you a new style of battling. *Look at Roark* Whenever you're ready Roark I am!"

Ace: "Ash. Roark just battled against me and all of his Pokemon were already tired as well."

Roark: "He's right you know and would you mind battling against me tomorrow?"

Ash: "I hear ya, hey tomorrow will be just fine."

Roark: "Great, thank you Ask."

Then Ash stare at Paul who just smirked at him, but then Ace place one of his hands on Paul's shoulder.

Ace: "C'mon on let's head back to the Pokemon Center and rest since it is already afternoon almost nighttime."

Paul: "As long I don't annoy me."

Ace: "Dawn, you'll hang out with them while I go with Paul back to the Pokemon Center, see ya!"

With that, Paul and Ace left the Gym wondering why Ace is friends with the likes of Paul.

Mini Timeskip

In the Pokémon Center at night, we see Dawn sound asleep until she heard a noise coming from outside of the Pokémon Center onto the Training ground, so she to the window to see Ace and Paul who looks like they began a Pokémon battle

Dawn: "Ace versus Paul?! Having a Pokémon battle?! I have to see it!"

When Dawn went outside slowly so that she won't have to wake up everyone until she went there to see Ace and Paul ready to battle, so sneak up behind some bushes so that they can't see her.