Chapter 1; A New Day

"And Carter McAlister goes for the pass and...the pass is complete! Touchdown for the Roadrunners!" an announcer said as a crowd roars with loud cheers. "And that closes out the game with the score being Roadrunners 42, Jackals 36." the announcer continued. A few minutes later in a different place, the football team is changing out of their respective uniforms. "Hey Carter, great catch there bro." a boy with messy green hair and green eyes said to another boy with short brown hair and hazel eyes. "Thanks Xavier." the dirty blonde said to the other boy. "Just think, a week to go until the homecoming game." a boy with messy black hair and blue eyes said. "You said it Zeke." Xavier said. "Alright boys huddle up." a man in his late 50s with brown hair and eyes, wearing a black and green track suit with a green cap, said as the team huddled around him. "Now I'm truly proud of you all. Just gotta keep this up till the championship game. Can we do that?" the man asked the team. "Yes sir coach!" the football team yelled. "I can't hear you!" the coach yelled. "Yes sir coach!" the team yelled louder. "Alright! In the middle!" the coach said he and the team each put an arm in the middle. "Roadies on 3. 1! 2! 3!" the coach said. "ROADIES!" the football team yelled in unison. "Alright now hit the showers." the coach said as the team headed for the showers. A few minutes later, the team leaves the dry as they go separate ways. As Carter was walking, he saw a woman with dirty blonde hair that was put up in a high ponytail, hazel eyes like his, wearing a purple blouse with jeans and a black jacket, standing in front of a black Chevrolet Forester. "Hey mom." Carter said to the woman. "Hey sweetie. Great job today." the woman said as she hugged him. "So how did I do?" Carter asked as he parted from the hug. "You did absolutely amazing." she commented before asking "How about we go get some shakes and fries to celebrate?". "I think that sounds amazing." Carter said. "Yay!" a little girl with the same dirty blonde hair and brown eyes said with happiness. "Looks like Lily's in." Carter said with a chuckle. "Well alright then. Let's go." Carter's mom said as she and Carter got into the car and drove off. The next day as Carter, who wore a dark blue shirt under a leather jacket with jeans and blue sneakers, as well as a cross necklace, was walking to school, Carter put some AirPods on and played some music on his phone. After a few minutes later, Carter arrives at his school. As he is walking to the building, he accidentally bumps into a girl with purple hair put into a high ponytail, had green eyes, and wore a denim dress with a white button up blouse and white shoes, dropping the stuff she had in her hands. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do that." he apologized. "Oh, you're okay. Just please watch where you're walking." she said. "Will do. Here, let me help you with picking these up for you." Carter said as he got on a knee to help the girl. "Thank you." she said. As Carter was picking up the girl's stuff, he saw a notebook with a picture of Fall Out Boy, "Hey, is that Fall Out Boy?" he asked. "Oh, yes it is. They're my favorite band to listen to." the girl replied. "No way, I love listening to that band too. I even got a wristband with their name on it." Carter commented as he showed the girl his wristband after giving the girl her notebook. "Nice, I have one as well." the girl said as she showed Carter her wristband. "That's so cool. Always makes me happy to see another Fall Out Boy fan. My name is Carter McAlister, nice to meet you." Carter said as he introduced himself to the girl. "I actually know who you are, I see you at all the football games." the girl commented. "Really?" Carter asked. "Yes. Though I kind of sit in the top bleacher so you probably don't see me." the girl said. "Ah, I see. So what's your name?" Carter asked. "My name is Sicily. Sicily Farland." the girl, now named Sicily, said. "Hold on, are you related to Seth Farland?" Carter asked. "Yes actually. I'm his younger sister." Sicily said. "Woah. Small world." Carter commented, "Well I gotta get going Sicily, it was nice meeting you." Carter said as he left. A few minutes later, as Carter was walking down the hall, he stops at his locker before entering his locker combo and opened his locker. As he was putting his stuff away, Xavier, who was wearing a black T-shirt with ripped jeans and black shoes, Zeke, who wore a white hoodie with brown shorts and gray sneakers, and another male that was taller than Xavier with red hair, brown eyes with freckles on his face, and was wearing a green hoodie with brown pants and black shoes, came up to him. "Hey man, where were you?" Xavier asked Carter. "Oh, I accidentally bumped into someone and made her drop her books. So I offered to help pick her stuff up." Carter said as he closed his locker. "Ah, so you were being a gentleman to a damsel?" the tall male said. "Nah I was just doing the right thing, Cameron." Carter said as he grabbed his books and closed his locker. "Well come on, we should get to class." Zeke said. "Good idea. Come on." Xavier said as he, Zeke, Cameron, and Carter walked to their respective classes. As Carter arrives at his classroom, he immediately walks to his desk near the middle of the room. After sitting down, he takes out a notebook and pencil, opens the notebook, and starts writing some words down on a sheet. As he is writing, he notices a shadow looming over him. Carter looks up to see a boy his age with dark purple hair, brown eyes, and was wearing a blue plaid shirt with jeans and brown sneakers standing over him, "Oh it's just you, Seth." he said. "Hey man." Seth said as he sat down in the seat in front of Carter. "So I heard from my sister that you helped her pick her stuff up after you accidentally bumped into her. Gotta say, that was real generous of you." Seth said. "Thanks, man." Carter said as he put his notebook and pencil away, "But I never knew your sister was a fan of Fall Out Boy." he continued. "Oh yeah, she definitely is. Me and her actually went to a concert they were holding a month ago." Seth said. "Man, I'm jealous of you two. I wanted to go but Xavier had me go on a double date with some girls he was hooking up with." Carter complained. "You know Carter, Xavier may be your best friend but you know you can always just say no to him." Seth pointed out. "I guess." Carter said. The sound of the bell ringing went off, signaling the start of first period.