Spread My Wings?

(There will be 1-3 videos in this chapter depending on if I can find an ice skater's routine. If not, use your imagination.)

It was just a pretty normal day when this all started. If I could redo it, would I? I'm not sure. All I know is in the span of ten hours, I went from silver medalist to the face of every Korean tabloid possible. You may be wondering, how did this happen?
....Let's start at the very beginning...
This morning.

"Don't forget to fuel up before the competition today, Cole." my sister Cecelia said, fussing at me.

" my sister Cecelia said, fussing at me

She wasn't like me. She was small built all around, aka 5'3 and 120 pounds on a good day. I was 6'1 and roughly 195 pounds. I wasn't exactly fat but I wasn't a stick either. I mm and stab my waffle and watch a stray kids' domino performance on the tv. Oh to be an idol. But that time has passed. I sighed and turned it off, but not before slightly catching the words 'idols' and 'figure skating' in the same sentence. I shot my head back to the tv and turned it back on.

"Yes, you heard us right folks, rising kpop group Stray Kids will be gracing us with a performance at this year's annual preliminary figure skating competition for South Korea." the newswoman said and I paled. "Shouldn't you be happy or something? Aren't they your favorite?" Cici asks. "Well I mean yes but..." I look at her. "I don't think you understand." I breathe. "Then help me understand." She folded her arms. I shifted uncomfortably but told her the truth. "Because those boys....are the reason I'm gay." I say flatly and she suppresses a bit of a snort. "Seriously?" she asks and I nod. She seemed to think a bit before responding.

After a bit of silence, she just let the intrusive thoughts win I guess. "So does that mean you've done something dirty while thinking of them?" She asks and I turn red. I mean...yeah, but I wasn't gonna tell her that. So I stayed silent. Either way, it was kinda obvious I had. So I couldn't deny anything. In any case, I hopped up to get my stuff and she laughed. "Try to keep your boner in your pants when you see them, Cole!" she teased as I ignored her, going upstairs.

(For context, English will be written normally, Imagination will be bolded, and Korean will be slanted unless otherwise stated.)

I thought quietly to myself. She was right, I have no claim or any real connection to those boys...and besides...they're straight...right? I shook my head quietly and sighed, packing my gym bag with everything I'd need including my water bottle that...just so happened...to be Stray Kids themed. I sighed. I didn't have another one. Embarrassing myself it was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put my headphones in as I practiced in my street clothes, listening to 어린 날개 or otherwise known as Spread My Wings by Stray Kids. They were my ult for a reason. They made me feel calm when I was stressed out. Cici watched, noticing the difference between now and last week when my headphones died. I could tell even she could tell the difference. I mouthed the song to myself, practicing jumps. I didn't even notice them come in...or the fact I started to sing. But Cici did. And she grinned. They were surprised that a famous ice skater was singing their song...pretty well too. But what else were they thinking? Hard to tell. I finally noticed after the song ended and kinda froze, them clapping pretty hard. I slowly pulled out a headphone, turning red.