Perfect Asset

CH 2: Perfect Asset

Third person's POV

Desiree was 6 years old right now

Dominic and Olivia were fully esthetic with their new investment, their new asset, their only daughter Desiree because she turned out to be a prodigy, she was smart beyond her years, so when she was told to do something, she did that without question asked, but she also was a curious child, she did also asked questions when the situation required. like when the first time her parents took her to their office, she was astonished by the huge building as every child would be, but she kept quiet till they reach the top floor, the main office of the CEO, Domanic's office. 

as soon as she reached the office, she turned to her eldest brother, Lucian and asked him

"Is this our company and will you be taking over it when you get old"

everyone in the room was quite impressed by the girl's knowledge because they didn't expect her to directly talk about Lucian's takeover of the company and rather talk about the building and people here, who ignored her while she was coming towards this room. people always feared the Nyx family, whether it was in the Mafia or the Business world, in the business world there were rumours about them, none to be proven of course, but rumours that created fear in the mind of the employees who worked under them.

before Lucian could answer the little girl's query, Domanic interrupted him and said to his daughter:

"Yes, Desiree for both questions the answer is the same, and now let's talk about your time in the office, you will come here daily from now onwards and start to learn the methods of business from your brothers, me or rather other businessmen and women. you will gain knowledge from here and you don't have any choice when I'll assign you tasks and have a 4-day attendance there till the time you turned 10, am I clear to you"

the little girl listened to every word her father said rather clearly and understood the meaning of them. She was excited about understanding and learning more about business by coming to the company on daily bases, and she would rather come here for 6 days too, her father allowed but she was going to listen to her father and spoke 

"Crystal"

this was the beginning of the Nyx family's use of Desiree, they used to take her to board meetings, and balls, and ask her opinions on every aspect of their business deals, on one hand, Desiree liked working for her father and helping him in the business but on the other hand, she was skipping the prime years of her life working in the company and not spending those days with children her age, sure she did possess knowledge beyond them but that shouldn't be the reason for not letting their children play among other children. this behaviour was going on for so long that Domenic now wanted Desiree to take over the company, he wanted her to build their Company more power, but this was so leading to her spending less time with her family and her brothers slowly starting to resent her because she was taking all the time with their father, and he was prioritising her over every child even the eldest.