006: Promise.

My phone began to ring, I scrambled in my bag, searching for it. I found it in the bottom, coated in crumbs, I turned my nose up at it and brushed them off gingerly, clicking the answer button. 

"Hello?" I answered, I never ever checked caller I.D, like ever. 

"Arianna! Come quick it's Cesc, I'm outside, quick, quick, it's Aubrey." Cesc sounded worried, what's happened? Is it Cristiano? There was no time to think, I hung up without bothering to reply, I probably couldn't anyway. I shoved my phone back in my bag, shoving my leather jacket on and slipping on my heels that were strewn halfway across the room. I rushed outside and, just as he'd said, Cesc's car was parked there, with Sergio, Ada and a distraught-looking Alivia inside. This looked bad. 

"What? What is it? Please, shed a little light on the subject." I exclaimed, jumping into the car and strapping the seat-belt on, Cesc started the car and sped off. 

"It's Aubrey, she got shot. Cristiano went over to see her, and then Avery went all crazy and turned up late last night and she's been sho-" Cesc rushed out, 

"Woah, woah, woah, woah woah! Hold up a minute there, last night?!" 

"Yes," Ada poked in, "they couldn't call someone 'till now." I nodded, waiting for Cesc to carry on. 

"Yes, and apparently, Cris tried to protect Aub, but Aubrey being Aubrey, jumped in the way and took the full blast. I don't know where it hit yet, it's all over the news!" Cesc continued, I could tell he'd be crying. 

"Seems they found out before us." Sergio shrugged, 

"OK, makes sense, but Avery?" I was so shocked, she was supposed to be our friend. 

"Yes, she's gone mental!" Alivia cried, 

"She told Aub that she was there for Cris, it was all a plan or something!" Ada sighed, 

"That's so messed-up, where is she now?" 

"Custody." Sergio informed, I nodded and Cesc pulled up at the Hospital and we all tumbled out the car. We ran into the Hospital and told the nurse at the desk our details, she nodded her head and room us to a private ward, with it's own seat outside each room. 

"Take a seat, I need to make sure how many visitors she's fit for, if any." The nurse informed us before going into the room Aubrey was in. It seemed like hours before she came back out, when in reality it was only about 5 minutes. "She said she wants to talk to you all one-by-one. Starting with Ada." The nurse told us, we all nodded our heads. Ada stood up and composed herself, she opened the door and a tired-looking Cristiano stepped out. We all avoided him, for a few minutes he just stood there. I sighed, this is hard for him too, he loves her! I stood up and wrapped my arms around him in a friendly gesture, trying to comfort him in a hug. He accepted this, and wrapped his arms around me back, and sobbed into my top. Cesc sent me a frown, 'He needs help.' I mouthed back, he sighed and nodded. I broke away from the hug and led him to a seat, I was going to ask him if he was okay, but he clearly wasn't. Instead, we all just sat there in silence until Ada came out, with tears streaming down her face. She asked Alivia to go in next, I was scared. Eventually, Liv came out in a worse state than Ada (!!!!) and called for Sergio. In he went. It felt like hours had passed by when it was my turn to go in, when really it was less than 20 minutes. I stood up, took deep breaths and straightened out my clothes before entering the room. It smelt clean, too clean. There was a heart monitor and she was hooked up to all types of machines and drips, I eventually found her in the stream of clean gray and whiteness. She was as pale as a ghost, I walked over to her and sat on the chair beside her, which had previously been occupied by Cristiano, Ada, Alivia, Sergio and Cesc. I reached for her hands, they were incredibly warm and I held it tight. 

"Arianna..." She whispered, 

"Aubrey!" the tears began spilling down my face, 

"Arianna. Don't cry, please, it kills me. I just want to tell you something. Just don't interrupt me, OK? If i die today, or tomorrow or anytime soon in this Hospital bed, I want you to know that I loved you, and always will, wether I'm down here or up there. You are a great friend to me, Ari. You have been here for me the moment I saw you, you are beautiful and one of the nicest people I've ever met. I wish you good luck in your relationship with Cesc, and he has promised to stand by you forever, but if fate should ever tear you apart, find him. The One. the right one. You deserve it more than I ever would. I love you. I love you over and over, I can't stop, you're the bestest friend I could ever wish for, anyone could ever wish for. And I hope you know that. You are beautiful, amazing, generous, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if they do, punch them in the face, because they deserve it. And I know you probably hate Avery right now for doing this to me, but if her and Cristiano ever be together, so be it. Don't let him mourn over me to much, I love him, Arianna. And I can't change that, I admit it. I do wish I didn't, but something tells me he's changed, but if I do survive, I hope Avery can see justice for what she's done. I thought she was my friend, and I know you did too, we all did. We were all fooled by her supposed 'innocence' and charms. I'm ashamed, I really am, but it's the past, what's done is done. I thank you for being in my life how you are, and I wish you the best. For you and Cesc. For your business. Just for your life, Arianna." I was crying, the tears just helplessly poured, and I couldn't do anything to stop them. She was crying too, Aubrey was, I now understand why they all came out crying, even Sergio and Cesc! 

"Oh Aubrey, you're strong, you'll make it through this! Thank-you, so much for everything. I can't thank-you enough, me and Cesc will never split, we have your blessing, Aub, I love you too, so much." I took her in a gentle hug, even though I wanted to squeeze the life out of her and cry on her shoulders. I didn't. I stood up and took a deep breath, she grinned at me and I reached the doors. I looked back for a second and heard that beeping noise, the one you hear on shows like 'Casualty', it was the heart monitor. Doctors and nurses rushed into the room, everything fell grey and slow motion, I began to fall, fall slowly into a pit of darkness I couldn't resist. The last thing I saw was Aubrey's pale face with her closed eyes being whisked away from me.

A / N

I can't. I was legit crying whilst writing this, ugh. I don't even know. I hope you enjoy it anyway!! Sorry it's kinda short, but I promised you it, nevertheless, an update is an update!

comment

vote 

fan 

ily

~mary