2,9: "The Letter..."

Word Count: 820 Words

"Crap, Jamie, I forgot that Ron's going to send a letter to the Dursley's." Harry mentally facepalms himself, as he carries Aster in his arms. He softly flops onto the bed, back first, practically giving up, "I don't want to go back there." He adds.

Jamie lifts her son off of Harry, assuring him that he doesn't have to go back there, and instead go there herself.

"No—I don't want you to-" Harry's eyes divert from the cream-colored ceiling and towards the standing redhead.

"I'm going there, Harry, that's final." She replies, with a slight frown on her face, "Besides, I think I forgot one of Aster's clothes there." The red-haired girl hums, "No need to worry about me, Har."

Harry hums in response, getting Aster back while Jamie closes her eyes, imagining that she was in the Dursley's living area.

Aunt Petunia's scream makes Jamie's eyes open wide, seeing that Petunia was on the sofa with Uncle Vernon.

"Read the letter about the letter for Harry and I." Jamie crosses her arms, "Don't play with me—I know you've got it."

Vernon's face turned into the darkest shade of red that had ever existed. He opens a letter and reads it aloud with a visible grudge he was holding,

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Dursley,

We have never been introduced, but I am sure you have heard a great deal from Harry and Jamie about my son Ron.

As Harry and Jamie might have told you, the final of the Quidditch World Cup takes this place this Monday night, and my husband, Arthur, has just managed to get some prime tickets through his connections at the Department of Magical Games and Sports.

I do hope you will allow us to take Harry and Jamie to the match, as this really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; Britain hasn't hosted the Cup for thirty years, and tickets are extremely hard to come by. We would of course be glad to have them both stay for the remainder of the summer holidays, and to see them two safely onto the train back to school.

It would be best for Harry and Jamie to send us your answer as quickly as possible in the normal way, because the Muggle postman has never delivered to our house, and I am not sure he even knows where it is.

Hoping to see both Harry and Jamie soon,

Yours sincerely,

Molly Weasley

P.S. I do hope we've put enough stamps on.

"By the way," Jamie walks to the kitchen and grabs a glass of cold water, "the "normal way" of sending your response is by owl post, you know. Since we're magical and all." She answers Uncle Vernon's inquiry with a big smirk on her face, only growing as his face turns even redder out of anger.

"How many times do I have to tell you and the boy not to mention that—"unnaturalness" under my roof?" He hisses, as his face turned into a rich plum color, "You stand there in the clothes Petunia and I have put on your ungrateful back—"

"To be fucking clear, Vernon Dursley. You and Aunt Petunia did not give me any clothes! You didn't give me jack shit." The red-haired girl snaps, "How about you, Petunia? What would Lily think that you let you and your husband torment your own niece and nephew, the only people to remind you of your dead little sister—"

"DON'T TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THIS!" She was now standing up, "DON'T YOU THINK I REGRET THE WAY THINGS ENDED WITH LILY AND I?!" She was now shouting, "DON'T YOU THINK I WISHED THAT SHE AND I HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP RIGHT BEFORE HER SUDDEN DEATH?!" A tear falls down Aunt Petunia's cheek, making Jamie feel bad, regret what she had said to her aunt, and her mother's older sister.

Why can't my mouth just fucking shut when it needs to?

"I don't even care what your response is, whether Harry and I are going to the Quidditch World Cup or not, so here's what I'm going to do." She settles the half-full glass of water on the kitchen counter, "I am going to grab my son's clothes, and get the hell out of here." She grabs the letter that was in Vernon's hands and exits the living area, where she meets her cousin, Dudley Dursley, who was clearly eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Hope you get turned into a rat." She dully says and enters Harry's room in the house, grabbing the one clothing Aster had that she had accidentally left. Then she teleports back to her room in Tonks' house.

"What happened?" Harry questions, standing up with a crying Aster in his arms.

"I think I struck a cord in Aunt Petunia." Jamie laughs, getting Aster back in her arms, and sooths him to go back to sleep. After that, the twins talk about Harry's dream until the sun sets, and Blaise and Tonks arrive at the house, along with Iapetus to eat dinner together.