2,19: "The Mark has been summoned"

Word Count: 1280

Hermione was complaining about how the rioters were mad to start a riot when the whole Ministry of Magic was out tonight, complaining about how they expect to get away with it, thinking if they have been drinking, or—

The brunette broke off and looked over her shoulder, along with Jamie, who heard footsteps grow louder.

Ron and Harry looked around quickly as well, hearing the footsteps grow louder.

The four of them waited, listening to the sounds of uneven steps behind the trees, but the footsteps came to a sudden halt.

"Hello?" Harry called. The person didn't answer and he got to his feet and looked around the tree.

"Who's there?" Jamie asked firmly, holding her cigarette like it was her pocket knife.

"Why are you holding your cigarette like that? It's weird as hell—" Harry whispered.

"Yeah? Well, I can kill someone on whatever I get my hands on." She whispers back, with more aggression.

"Great, more killing-"

"MORSMORDE!" The person yells, and a vast, green and glittering erupted from the patch of darkness the Potter twins had been struggling to see through, as it flew up over the treetops and into the sky.

"What the—" Ron gasps, standing up on his feet, staring up at the thing that appeared.

It was a colossal skull compromised of emerald stars with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue. As more time had passed by, it rose higher and higher blazing in a haze of greenish smoke, etched against the dark sky like a new constellation.

Then the woods around them erupted with screams. Harry didn't get why, but the only possible cause was the sudden appearance of the skull, which had now risen high enough to illuminate the entire wood like some grisly neon sign.

But Jamie knew that this sign, was related to something illegal. She looked over the darkness to see the person who conjured the skull, but couldn't see the person...or anything at all.

"Who's there?" Harry called once again.

"Harry, come on, move!" Hermione dragged the raven-haired boy, her face white and pale. "It's the Dark Mark, Harry!" She pulls the back of Harry's collar as tight as she could, "You-Know-Who's sign!"

"Voldemort's—?" -Harry

"Voldemort" -Jamie

"Come on!" Hermione orders, and Ron scooped up his miniature of Krum, and forced Jamie to step on the fallen cigarette, then the four take a few hurried steps.

"Waste of money and good cigarettes, 'Mione." Jamie scowls as a series of popping noises appeared from thin air, indicating that a dozen wizards had appeared from thin air, and surrounded the four kids.

Jamie turned around and squinted her eyes, instantly noticing that each of said wizards were pointing their wands at her, and her companions.

"DUCK!" Harry yells, as Jamie tackled one of the wizards, while Harry himself tackled two of them, pulling them onto the ground.

All of those wizards roared the stunning spell, causing a blinding series of flashes, a powerful wind swept the clearing.

Jamie opened her hazel-brown eyes, and saw that lights colored fiery red were flying everywhere, bouncing off of the tree trunks, and into the darkness.

"STOP!" A man yelled, "STOP! THAT'S MY SON!" and all the dozen wizards surrounding the four kids lower their wands.

The red-haired girl squinted her eyes once again and saw that Mr. Weasley was the one that stopped the fellow wizards. The fuck do you mean by "oh, Mr. Weasley was the one that saved us"? YEAH NO SHIT, JAMIE. HERMIONE'S PARENTS AREN'T HERE AND HARRY AND MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!