26

Cheng Zhou silently prayed for Sister Song in his heart, but he must be fine. He had run so hard for so long, and he definitely didn't hope that he would not be able to save the gentle and beautiful Sister Song in the end.

  Thinking that she said that her home was in the alley, and she didn't know which family it was, Cheng Zhou walked along the gray wall for a long time, and then saw a courtyard gate at the corner, and tentatively stepped forward to knock on the door and ask.

  "Who?" The person who opened the door was a white-haired grandmother, wearing a black blouse, with age spots all over her face and wrinkles and ravines between her brows and eyes. She was squinting at the person knocking on the door in confusion.

  "Does Song Zhenzhu live here?" Cheng Zhou asked nervously.

  "Who are you?" When the old grandmother saw that he was looking for Qian's daughter-in-law by name, she opened the yard door to let Cheng Zhou in, and turned back and shouted to the little boy in the yard, "Liu Jin, go and call Grandma Qian to come out. , someone is looking for her daughter-in-law."

  "Oh, good." The little boy glanced at Cheng Zhou curiously, then ran into the room next to him and shouted, "Grandma Qian, someone came to find Aunt Song."

  The yard is very large, with houses on three sides, and the layout is U-shaped. A simple stove is built in front of each house, and there are a few unburned firewood left in the blackened stove.

  Apparently there are three different families living here, each cooking in the yard in front of their own stove.

  There is a public faucet in the middle, and there is a dilapidated wire mesh under the pool with some unknown residues left on it.

  Looking at the top of the open space in the yard, the iron wires are lying horizontally, and two wet clothes are hanging on it.

  Although the place is a bit crowded, it can be seen that the three families get along pretty well, at least the fronts of their respective doors are cleaned, and even the iron wires for drying clothes are neatly lined up.

  Sure enough, the benefits of a small yard cannot be seen without comparison.

  Looking at it this way, his small courtyard is indeed quite good, at least it is a single courtyard, and there is no need to crowd with others.

  "Little comrade, are you here to find my daughter-in-law?" an old grandmother with black and white hair asked aloud from the door of the house.

  Cheng Zhou was worried about the wrong person, so he reconfirmed: "Grandma, is your daughter-in-law's name Song Zhenzhu? Is that Comrade Song Zhenzhu who sells watches on the second floor of the department store?"

  Granny Qian nodded in confusion, "Yes, that's my daughter-in-law."

  "Are you... the only one at home?" Cheng Zhou wanted to find someone else to explain the matter clearly for fear of irritating the grandmother.

  "I'm the only one, little comrade. If you have something to say, just say it." Seeing that he was hesitant to speak, Granny Qian urged him to speak with a refreshing attitude.

  Cheng Zhou could only say nervously, "Sister Song, she... She had an accident and is now in the hospital."

  "What did you say?" A deep voice came from behind.

  The man with the face of the Chinese character hurried over and looked simple and honest. Before Cheng Zhou turned his head to explain carefully, he saw the man exclaimed: "Mom, don't worry, I'll go to the hospital to see, you stay at home and wait. I'm back."