104

Cheng Zhou had a bitter face, one hundred people didn't want to farm, he was tired, sun-baked and hard-working, he just wanted to take a shortcut and be lazy to live a comfortable life.

"Auntie, no matter how well I study, I can't do much physical work, and the work points I earn are definitely not enough."

Ge Cuihua put her hips on her hips and said domineeringly: "It's not that Auntie can't afford you."

"That's right, that's right, my aunt is very capable, and it's easy to raise me." Cheng Zhou strikes while the iron is hot, and he opens his mouth to praise as if he doesn't want money.

"But I'm not a kid anymore, so I can't just stay idle all the time, right? I went to live in the county just to find a job there so that I can live on my wages in the future. It's easy and not tiring."

"And it's not that I won't come back. If I have nothing to do during the holidays, I will definitely come back for two days." Cheng Zhou emphasized the last sentence.

Hearing this, Ge Cuihua questioned: "Are you sure that you can find a job with an iron rice bowl? People in the city are not fools. If there is such a job, who wouldn't rush to get it?"

Cheng Zhou wasn't sure, but he didn't want to carry a hoe to farm in the sun, so he said boldly, "Auntie, don't worry, I can definitely find a job with my skills."

Then I went back to the original topic again, "But it's not easy to find a job, at least I have to rent a small house in the county, and stay there for a while to get familiar with the familiar environment..."

Against Aunt Ge's gloomy face, Cheng Zhou's heart kept beating, and his voice became lower and lower.

No wonder Aunt Ge was so angry, he had only been settled in the village for less than two days, he patted his buttocks and left, making up his mind to find a job in the city.

There is a saying in the village that when the bride enters the house, the matchmaker throws her across the river. His behavior is typical of crossing the river and tearing down the bridge!

But Cheng Zhou can't help it. He has always been lazy and enjoys himself. He used to do part-time jobs that are easy, not tiring, and high-paying.

Let him go to the ground under the scorching sun, he absolutely can't bear it.

"Are you determined to live in the city?"

"Auntie, I will move out sooner or later."

Ge Cuihua pondered for a moment, then retreated a step with a cold face: "The houses in the county are not so easy to rent, you need to find a house first."

"Hey, that's fine. I'll go to the county town to ask friends about it tomorrow." Cheng Zhou happily replied.

Ge Cuihua didn't speak any more, with a wooden face, she went into the kitchen with her back basket in her arms.

Cheng Zhou scratched his head, why did he suddenly feel as if he had forgotten something?

Turning his gaze to see the chicken coop in the yard, he suddenly remembered the pheasant in the basket, rushed into the kitchen and shouted: "Auntie, keep the chicken under the knife!"

Ge Xiufang who was cooking: "..."

Ge Cuihua: "..."

"What chicken?" Ge Xiufang put down the spatula upon hearing this, and happily took the basket from her mother-in-law's hand.

Ge Cuihua deliberately didn't look at Cheng Zhou, and got angry when she saw it! Little bastard!

He said to Ge Xiufang, "It's a pheasant. The weather is hot and we can't keep it. Let's just rub it with salt and marinate it. It can be kept longer."