Chapter 10. My Truth

[Friday] 2:30 PM

Festival Day

After 30 minutes of having fun and making Friday like it's their last day, Sayori kept on mumbling since she thought the plan was gonna work for Monika, but turns out it barely did. Sometimes Monika would ask her if she's okay but mostly Sayori would respond with, "I'm okay!" or "Better than ever.". When she's actually lying.

However, she tried to fake it from smiling so much from being in the festival.

Speaking of which, the two members of the club were sitting together after a long day.

"Hey, you wanna go to the classroom upstairs and watch the view?" Sayori turned to her.

"Oh, sure! I don't really mind at all." Monika agrees.

As the girls started heading inside the school, they went upstairs to visit Sayori's homeroom.

Sayori fully swung the door open with energy.

It's very empty, letting Monika and Sayori take it as their own.

"I guess we have the room for ourselves!" Sayori grabs Monika's hand leaving her surprised and started to make a run to one of the windows.

As they make it to the windows, they both started to look down as Sayori lets go of her hand.

"Woah.." Sayori was full of amazement.

"Nice view, huh?" Monika asked her.

"Mhm!"

Monika chuckled.

"Speaking of which I forgot to give you something!"

"Oh? What is it?" Monika asked her curiously.

"I should've given it to you sooner but the festival was very busy for me.."

Sayori grabs out the bag she was holding and exchanges it to her. Monika held the bag from her.

"A gift?.. Thank you!.. But what is if for?.."

"Uhm.." Sayori's throat is getting a little dry.

"I'll talk about that later.."

"Ah, okay then.." Monika opened the bag and pulls out the cat plushie, her eyes widen after noticing it was ginger too.

"A cat plushie!.. Hah.. It's kinda cute.."

"It really is! Even though it's a little cheap.."

"Ahaha- who cares if it's cheap? It's still adorable."

Both girls started to laugh together again.

..
.
.

"Say, is there a reason you bought this?" Monika didn't change topics. Making Sayori realize that she hasn't answered.

"W-Well you see I—!"

"..I—.." Sayori lost track of her sentence.

"...I don't know how to say this.. I mean I know I've been dealing this for more than weeks now but like.. I can't figure out a way to explain.. You're amazing, smart, and very talented in and out of the club and I just-.."

"You don't have to finish..." Monika interrupted.
"I felt the same way too.."

"..M-Monika.."

"It's true.. But.. I'm not that talented.."

"..Listen.. The only thing that I wanted to admit is..—"

"DO YOU WANNA GO OUT WITH ME!?.." Monika was observing, while saying it in her loud voice

"I... H-How did you know!?.. I mean!— Ugh! I was so readyyyy!.." Sayori flushed in embarrassment but also grinning at the same time.

"Sorry! I was trying to figure out what you're gonna say!.. Here.. You can start."

Sayori stops covering her face and took a deep breath.

"Okay.. I'm in love with you. Do you want to go out with me?" Sayori interrogated Monika to be her girlfriend.

.
.
.

"Yes!..Ahah.." Said Monika who was blushing.

"..Okay!" As Sayori blushes her back.

The two began to avert their eyes to each other, then Sayori takes the move and held Monika's hand. Monika then grips her hand, making it hold a tight embrace between the two.  They both then start to look their eyes down to their own hands and their faces started turning pink to crimson.

"...Why is this so scary?.." Sayori asked.

"...I don't know..." Monika responds with a very deep voice.

"WOOOOOOOO!" Both girls turned to face the door, realizing Natsuki cheering, Yuri clapping, and MC giving the lovebirds a thumbs up. But the three caught both the president's attention and started panicking.

"Ah—" Yuri stopped clapping.

"SCATTER!!—" As Natsuki held Yuri's hand and took MC's shoulder and started to get the heck out of here with a flash.

"N-Natsuki?!" MC yelped.

As the three headed out, Sayori and Monika looked directly at each other and started to laugh, Sayori then starts to give Monika some hug energy, as she does it in return.

"..Shall we head back, m'lady?.." As Sayori lets go and gives her a wink.

"Pffft.. If you say so.."

The two girls kept on holding hands and make their leave off the door. Leaving with nothing, but two girlfriends that are in the Literature Club.

As they visit the hallway..

"Man, I was planning on telling everyone, but now they knowwww!"

"Ahah.. It's okay Sayori!... Perhaps I should introduce to my parents to you once they get home?"

"You really mean it?" She gasped.

"Mhm!"

"Well, then I can start to introduce mines after!.. Ehehe~"

"Sounds like a deal, sunshine." Monika gave her a sly smirk.

"Whatever you say princess!" As Sayori starts to flirt her back.

And so, their undying love to each-other continues.

End