Chapter 13

Chapter 13 : Hope to see you again.

Jungkook stormed out of the room, upset that his grandfather made a decision without first holding a proper discussion. He knew it, ever since he met Jimin, he could almost see his future crumpled in the man's hand. He didn't like the idea of taking a day off work because he couldn't get a mental image of mountains of paperwork on his office desk out of his head.

A harsh breath escaped his lips, and his eyes widened in search of the escalator. He swore that he really wanted to leave Jimin behind, but another long and heavy yet irritated sigh came out, as he began to feel as if a massive rock was on both of his shoulders once he heard a familiar voice he wished he didn't recognise for the rest of his life.

"Jungkook! Wait for me, c'mon man." Jimin dashed towards Jungkook, clutching an apple in his hand.

Jungkook did not turn around when he arrived at the elevator and waited for the door to open for him. Each step Jimin took towards the same spot with his pointed shoes and the sound of sharp heels slamming the floor irritated Jungkook to the point where the man forced a gawk at him.

Jungkook then thought to himself before bursting out laughing, attracting Jimin's attention. He couldn't believe it, all of the people he hates always wear those shoes, walking with the heels that made him want to flee and run away as fast as he could to escape.

"What's so funny?" Jimin asked before handing the apple to the latter. "You want it?"

Jungkook ignored the question as well as the man's presence, making Jimin sighing in defeat.

"You know, grandparents have great personalities. Where did you get yours? Your parents? Is it Dad or Mom?"

"What's the deal with that unexpected and random question?" Jungkook's irritation level began to rise.

"See see," Jimin said, clicking his tongue and shaking his head with a judging expression. "That's what I mean. We can't even have a simple conversation with you."

"I can hold a conversation, but not with someone who would casually meddle in my personal life." Jungkook said coldly, his gaze irritably fixed on Jimin's reflection on the elevator doors.

"When did I?" Jimin was irritated and shot a hard stare at the back of Jungkook's head.

Jungkook sighed as the elevator announced its arrival at their level floor. "About tomorrow, go have some fun by yourself. I have work to do."

"Excuse me, did you not hear what your grandfather said?"

"I don't need his permission to go to work," Jungkook said as the door opened, but his steps came to a halt when he spotted a familiar figure standing in front of him, a man who was ready to leave the room.

"Kookie," The handsome man, who almost resembles a video game or anime character due to his menacing killer gazes and his boxy smile instantly replaced the man's grave expression.

On the other hand, after being separated from his older brother for two years straight, Jungkook is said to have reacted joyfully when he saw him standing in front of him. But at this precise moment, surprise and disappointment was what could be seen on his face.

"What's the deal with that stinky face? Aren't you happy to see me?" Taehyung said as he walked out of the elevator and stood proudly in front of Jungkook. He ruffled the boy's hair and chuckled lowly, unconcerned about the other person next to them.

"Hyung, hyung! I can't tell you how many times I've told you not to mess with my hair!" Jungkook whined, forgetting Jimin's presence, who had already looked at him in disbelief.

"Where are you going? I just arrived here. Keep around for a while." Taehyung said, and a look of disappointment crossed his face when Jungkook shook his head in response.

"No. I have something to do. You go ahead, Grandfather already mentioned you just now, so go ahead. But Hyung, if he said something about me regarding work, please don't mind him—"

"Please take a moment to consider what your grandfather said later." Jimin interrupted in a friendly manner, bowing politely to Taehyung, who had only recently realised his figure.

Taehyung gave Jimin a puzzled look before bowing politely and introducing himself as Jungkook's older brother. "May I ask...? Who...?"

"I'm Jimin. His f—"

"Housemate." Jungkook stated emphatically. "He's my roommate. Grandfather wants me to stay with someone."

Taehyung's brows furrowed on both sides, unable to believe what he had just heard. "For what reason?"

"I have no idea. Quit asking, I'm busy. I'm now stuck waiting for the next elevator."

Jimin rolled his eyes, having grown tired of Jungkook.

Is it really so bad to simply admit that we're friends? Does it take your life? "Is it that bad?" Jimin had inadvertently blurted out his thoughts, drawing their attention to him.

"What bad?" Jungkook screwed the guy with hatred. "How about you accompany my brother to meet them?"

"No!" Jimin protested loudly, disliking the idea of him hanging out with the scary guy; he meant Taehyung's presence had nearly killed him on the inside. He pouted as he moved quickly to Jungkook and hid behind him.

"What are you up to?" Jungkook asked, annoyed, as he tried to turn around, but Jimin tightly gripped his body, preventing him from moving.

"I'd like to accompany you. Why would I follow him?" Jimin murmured, almost sullenly. He couldn't hide his cuteness, which drew Taehyung's attention to him.

Taehyung smirked quietly as his gaze was drawn to Jimin, even though he could only see the man's eyes behind his younger brother.

"I see," Taehyung said, chuckling and nodding. "I'll go first. Bye, Jimin-ssi?" He said this while flirtingly smiling at Jimin behind Jungkook. "I am hoping to see you again soon."

"Just...go." Jimin mumbled as he remained hidden behind Jungkook.

Taehyung finally left, and the elevator arrived once again. Jungkook didn't hesitate to walk in while Jimin continue to cling to him and stood close behind him. He tried to ignore the man and concentrate on his thoughts. But, of course, Jimin's blunt comment about Jungkook's appearance shattered the peace.

"Is he your biological brother? Same father or mother?"

Jungkook was offended and forced himself to look at the man with glazed eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"He's way too attractive. I couldn't bear his intense stares, and I couldn't even maintain eye contact for three seconds."

Jungkook scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You're overreacting. He's not all that attractive."

"What's up with the tone?" Jimin asked, slowly smirking. "Was that offensive?"

"Not at all." Jungkook rolled his eyes again and dashed out of the small space as soon as the door opened. He walked quickly in order to get to his car faster, ignoring the man who was calling him from behind.

"Aish, this fuckass. Why is it so hard to talk to him?" Jimin muttered harshly under his breath, fastening his steps in order to match with Jungkook's huge steps next to him. "Why are you in a rush? Jeon Jungkook, slow down!"

"Shut up, Jimin. Shut up, please."