C H A P T E R : 0 4

•••••••

•••••••

‎‧₊˚✧ Y/N's POV ✧˚₊‧

I was unable to react as my husband, who had just shot my father, scooped me up in a bridal style and swiftly carried me away from the chaotic scene in front of our closest guests. Did he truly take my father's life because he had harmed me, or were there other motives at play? I don't know, my heart and mind were too stunned to process the situation.

Jungkook gently made me sit inside the car, but it was a struggle with the weight of my wedding gown. But then a voice called out his name from behind. I turned to see the man who had stood next to him and giggling before our vows. Jungkook adjusted my gown and closed the car door before walking to that man, who had gone from giggling to serious in a matter of moments.

I couldn't hear them because the door and windows were closed. But then, my eyes widened as I noticed he was also holding a gun in his hand. 'Are they all the same?' I muttered to myself, suddenly wondering if he had also killed someone. I turned my eyes away from the pair, feeling uncertain about the situation my late father had drawn me into.

Just yesterday was the day he brought me to Korea and announced that I would be getting married tomorrow. It was also the day he dug his nails into my hands, disregarding my pain, as he held my jaw and slapped me. This was when he showed his true nature by admitting to killing my mother and revealing that I was only his adopted daughter, to be used however he pleased.

Just a few hours ago, he had been making me feel worthless, warning me not to cause any trouble or he would turn me over to Luciano for a steep price. The cold, piercing look he gave me during the vows made it clear that he was serious about mentioning Luciano. The memory is still vivid in my mind.

And now he is laying in a pool of his own blood, shot by the person he was desperate to marry me off to. What about the deal he was so greedy for? What is his friend, the disgusting Alessandaro, doing? And what about his so-called men, now held at gunpoint?

All of his plans have been utterly destroyed, leaving not only his own life in ruins, but mine as well.

At first, I believed that Luca was the only heartless man in existence. However, my perspective changed when I witnessed my own husband shoot him immediately after our vows and between our first kiss. I never could have fathomed that my first kiss would be tainted by such a violent act. Who would have thought that murder and romance would collide on my wedding day?

"stop overthinking," I was suddenly jolted out of my thoughts as his voice broke through. Before I knew it, driver was already driving towards an unknown destination to me. I blinked a few times, trying to process the situation. It wasn't until then that I noticed him, the devil himself, sitting beside me. He sat there quietly, but his intense presence was enough to make me nervous.