C H A P T E R : 1 4

•••••••

‎‧₊˚✧ Y/N's POV ✧˚₊‧

As I whispered "Jungkook-ah," a groan slipped from my lips, my arms reaching out to embrace him, but finding nothing but emptiness beside me. I attempted to reach out to him, but my hand met only the chill of the sheets and the softness of the pillow I tightly clutched. Slowly, I struggled to open my heavy eyelids and gazed upon the vacant spot next to me. 

As I furrow my brow, I rise from the bed and glance at the clock, which reads seven o'clock. Jungkook is a constant presence next to me when I awaken. He typically gets up at five, spends two hours at the gym, takes a shower, reads the newspaper, and by the time I wake up, he's already by my side with a cup of coffee in hand. It has become a routine for me to wake up to his gentle kisses on my face and neck, so not receiving them today feels off.

The atmosphere is filled with a profound stillness, one that is out of the ordinary. It has a different quality to it. Without knowing why, I abruptly sit upright in bed and call out his name, yet once again there is no reply. Frustrated, I discard the covers and rise from the bed. Oh God! I can still feel like he is inside of me. I am sore as fuck.

My lips pressed together tightly as I made my way towards the bathroom, but I found it empty. Running my fingers through my hair, I hurriedly left the room, clad only in a plain black t-shirt that Jungkook had likely dressed me in after our intense lovemaking. I knew he would get mad if he saw me like this, rushing past the guards who stood at their posts. But I didn't care about their judgment, even if they thought I was insane. I needed to see him, the only person I wanted to lay eyes on before and after sleep.

As I surveyed the entire room, I eventually made my way towards his study. In the midst of my journey, a maid approached me and respectfully greeted me, "Good morning, Mrs. Jeon. What would you prefer for breakfast today?" This inquiry perplexed me, as they never inquired about my breakfast preferences before. I couldn't help but furrow my brow at the sudden change.

"Have you not already figured out what I eat?" I inquired, to which she shook her head. "No Mrs. Jeon, typically Mister Jeon decides your meals, but today he is not in the mansion, which is why we are asking you," she clarified. This was a revelation to me; I had no idea that Jungkook paid such close attention to every aspect of my life. I blinked a few times, trying to process this information. "Wait, what do you mean Mister Jeon is not here today?" I asked. "Did he already leave for work?"

After shaking her head, she stated, "We are unaware of Mister Jeon's whereabouts, but what we do know is that he departed the mansion at four o'clock in the morning with Mister Kim." As she relayed this information, my heart began to race. To be frank, I'm feeling fearful. Where could he have gone at such an early hour?