C H A P T E R : 1 5

•••••••

‎‧₊˚✧ AUTHOR's POV ✧˚₊‧

< TWO WEEKS LATER >

"Stop it!" Her scream echoed through the room. Her entire body was drenched in sweat and trembling uncontrollably. Gasping for air, she jolted awake in the dead of night. Once again, she had been plagued by the haunting memories of her past. Memories she desperately tried to bury. Ever since Jungkook's departure, these nightmares had become a daily occurrence. She placed a trembling hand over her heart, trying to steady her breathing, but it was no use.

Trembling, she reached for the glass of water and took a few sips. She leaned her head against the headboard, trying to calm her nerves. It had been a week since she started experiencing this problem, but she was at a loss for what to do. She longed for her partner's presence, but had no idea when he would return. A tear rolled down her cheek. Glancing at the clock, she saw that it was three thirty in the morning. She clutched the pillow tightly and closed her eyes, hoping to fall back asleep. However, she knew it would be difficult for her now.

Abruptly, she was startled by noises emanating from the lower level of the house. Audible voices reached her ears. Without hesitation, she rose from her bed and exited her bedroom, only to discover that all the lights in the mansion were switched on. The absence of any maids in the hallway caught her attention, but she noticed that all the gunmen were standing at full alert. A few of the men were frantically moving about, as if in search of something, while one of them was engaged in a phone conversation.

There is an issue present. She sensed it. The entrance doors have been left ajar. As she whispered to herself, she couldn't help but wonder, 'What could be happening in the middle of the night?' Taking a deep breath, she cautiously proceeded forward in order to get a better view of the hall from the upstairs where she was positioned. But as she advanced without making a sound, a gasp escaped her lips, followed by a piercing scream that caught the attention of everyone around.

"JUNGKOOK!!" she screamed out, her eyes wide with horror as she took in the gruesome scene before her. Jungkook lay on a stretcher, being rushed by doctors to the private medical room in the mansion. His once pristine white shirt was now stained with his own blood, and it continued to seep from his left arm. His eyes were closed, but they snapped open at the sound of her scream. He glared at Jimin and growled, "I told you not to let her wake up, you idiot!" even in his weakened state.

Jimin remained quiet as Jungkook shut his eyes in agony and clenched his teeth in fury. "Do not allow her to see me until I give permission. Don't," he commanded before being escorted into the private room by doctors. Jimin immediately nodded and signaled for the bodyguards to ensure that she did not meet Jungkook under any circumstances.