🦇 𝟎𝟎𝟗 🦇

🦇

During lunch, you were checking up on the orphanage and helping them with the food. That's when Jack came by to help.

"Sup, Y/n," Jack sat up on the counter while you were stirring up something, "You making snickerdoodles again?"

"Your favorite," you say, "Wanna help?"

"Nah."

"Then how are you even going to survive without my cookies when you go off to college?"

"I like your snickerdoodles the best," he says, "I don't wanna ruin it when I'm working with you."

"Well, I only got about an hour to go back to work," you say, "It'd be fun if you helped me, so you could share it with the other kids."

"I'm an engineer, not a baker."

"And I'm a baker and the secretary of Wayne Enterprise. I'm sure you can do more than just one hobby, Jack."

"But you got it in the bag. I don't."

"Do you think I was always like this?" you question Jack, "It was already hard when I first worked there. The only reason why I picked up baking was because I needed something to stress off."

"You stress off by baking?"

"Like how you stress off by working on your new motorbike," you say, "Meaning of that motorbike, how's it going?"

"Pretty good. Dick and his brother, Jason, comes by every weekend to help me out with the other problems on the motorbike. It's almost finished. We just need to work on installing new wires."

"Now, see how that feels? Working on something that you're almost finished with?"

"Yeah, it does feel real good. I do like it," Jack says, "That's why I'm aiming to be an engineer."

"That's good. At least you have your career set," you say, "Some of the kids don't know yet and they're almost graduating."

"Yeah, kind of a sucky move for those kids."

"Mhm," you say, "Want a taste?"

"Isn't that gonna make my stomach turn if I eat that raw?"

"If you take a big scoop of it," you laugh, "Just a dip of a finger."

Jack scoops up a finger dip full of your snickerdoodle batter and smiles.

"Just the way you like it?" you ask.

"Just the way I like it," Jack smiles.

🦇

Coming in your home, you drop everything on your counter, taking out a bottle and pouring yourself some in glass. You take a sip, but hear something from your bedroom. You put down the glass and take in a kitchen knife as you slowly walk to your bedroom.

"Love? Come here, boy," you call out for him, but he didn't respond.

Quickly yet quietly walking by your room, you find a shadow, a scary one. It was huge and had long fangs that went up. You turn around, but find your cat on your bed, stepping on the window sill as he looks out the window. You sigh as you bring the knife down. You look out the window with your cat, but find a reflection on your window.

"I thought you were the Joker, Batman," you joke, but it doesn't seem that he took that lightly, "Sorry. That was a bad one."

He stays still at the corner before walking up to you.

"I was only checking up on you," he replies.

"So the famous dark knight checks up on his patients now?"

"You're Y/n L/n, are you not?"

"Yes?"

He then puts up a newspaper, showing you the time when you fooled the Harley Quinn into going back into the asylum. She did get better after finding Poison Ivy. That was only part of how those two got together and you were part of the cause.

"How'd you do this?"

"Do you need my help?" you walk out to your kitchen, Batman following, "To be honest, you really have bad timing. I come back home late and was going to make a single party of wine and movie, but you came along and had to get some information."

The bat stays quiet as you take a sip of your wine, "Would you like some?"

"No," he simply replies.

You shrug your shoulders and take off your jacket and shoes. 

"I did nothing much, but fooled Miss Quinn into the asylum. Apparently, she fancied Poison Ivy. That's how I got the two to be good again," you say, "If I haven't giving the offer of Ivy's greenhouse, then those two wouldn't be living their lives. Of course, they had to have these track collars around their ankles, but after half a year, they were finally able to give us their trust. I heard that they sometimes help you with crimes as well, am I correct? So I believe that gives you more time to do whatever you do in the day time."

You look up at the man while taking a sip of your wine, you find his clothes getting dirt on the floor and sigh.

"Since you're here," you say, "I want to thank you again the other night. If there's anything that I can do, I'll do it."

"No, that's all," he says, "Thank you."

"At least you said 'thank you'. My boss never really appreciates what I do," you say, "I usually do most of his paper work and yet, he hasn't given me at least a day off."

"Why's that?"

"He quite lenient. Probably the most lenient boss I ever met. Well, maybe not, but he barely does his work," you confess.

"If he doesn't treat you well, then why let yourself live like this??"

"He pays good. Real good. And I'm saving up for my own business," you say, opening the fridge, "So once I have enough money, then I'm quitting and hoping for the next person to be as good as me."

You turn back around to find the man gone. You look at the empty space with dirty crumbs on your floor.

"Man, and I just cleaned my floor just two days ago," you comment.

Those were the exact words that the Batman heard from the cameras. It looked like the camera works perfectly. The dark hero soon smirks, finally able to see what you do to be successful in these kind of things.

"Now, how did you manage to get Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn to compromise with you?" Batman questions.

🦇

Hi. I know you guys miss me, but I don't think I'll be able to update as frequently as I used to due to how I'm still busy, but I'm hoping that I'll be good in the next year.

Yes, the next year, because it seems that my schedule is going to be busy for the next year. :')