two

PRESENT

"JULIE! JULIE! JULIE!" Carlos says, jumping up and down on her bed. She pulls the covers up to cover her face. "JULIE WAKE UP! FLYNN WON'T STOP HONKING THE HORN!" Carlos continues shouting, tugging the light blue comforter off her face. "What time is it..?" She muttered slowly, opening her eyes to look at the alarm clock that sat on her bedside table.. "8:15?! CARLOS WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME EARLIER?!" "Papa left two hours ago and said you had alarms on-" Carlos said, slowly backing away to the door.

"CARLOS YOU KNOW THEY DONT DO ANYTHING! COME HERE YOU SON OF A-" Julie says, jumping out of bed approaching Carlos. "Julie!" Flynn says running into her room. "Flynn you have just singlehandedly saved my life." Carlos says, sprinting back to his room. He starts middle school tomorrow rather than today. I know, unfair, right?

"I have been sitting in my car for the past 20 minutes waiting for you to come out! Your iced coffee is getting cold!" Flynn says grabbing clothes out of Julie's closet. "Don't you mean warm..?" Julie mutters. "No! Carrie keeps adding ice because you know how impatient she gets?". "Well tell your girlfriend I'll be down in a minute alright?" Julie says, taking the clothes out of Flynn's hands.

"Alright, BUT IF YOU'RE NOT DOWN IN TWO MINUTES WE'RE LEAVING!". Julie nods as Flynn walks out. Realisation suddenly hits her. She quickly slides on her purple plaid skirt and blazer, grabs her make up back and runs to the car.

"You're lucky we're best friends." Flynn says as Julie rushes into the car. "So Jules, have you played piano yet? You know what Mrs Harrison said.." Carrie says, handing the iced coffee over cluelessly. Is it possible for an iced coffee to be too iced? Julie thinks, then apply her mascara in the rear view mirror. "Flynn, honey, I know you just got your license, but you know it will be revoked if you don't slow down right?" Carrie says, peaking over the seat.

"YES BUT WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY BACK!" Flynn shouts, pushing the gas. Julie sighs. What is she going to do? She hasn't spoken to Luke since the beginning of summer. Even though she's been dating Nick over the summer for some reason Luke sits at the back of her mind constantly.

As Flynn pulls up, Carrie checks the time. "Alright, we have 5 minutes to get to the other side of the school for homeroom. That'll be easy! Right?" Carrie says. "YEAH!" Flynn says getting out of the car, grabbing their hands. "3." "2." "1." they both take turns in counting then start sprinting for their lives. Imagining something chasing them.

They finally get to the classroom with a minute to spare, seeing Luke outside with his friends. Julie quickly slips past him as he raises an eyebrow.

"Julie!" Nick says, pecking her cheek as she sits down. It turns out the day Luke and Julie, y'know.. Nick asked Julie to be his girlfriend. And knowing her she said yes! They spent the whole summer together, something has just felt off though.. but she's with her dream boy so that's alright! Right?

As the bell rings, Julie stands up and Luke walks up and taps her on the shoulder. "Hey Julie" Luke says jumping in front of her, walking backwards. "Hey Luke" she saids, smiling slightly. As he leans on her locker, a short dirty blonde boy walks up behind Julie. "Hey Jules" Nick says smiling then making eye contact with Luke. "You scared me holy shit Nick-" Julie says trying to avert his eyes away from Luke.

"What is this thing doing here." Nick stays looking up at Luke. "What do you mean?" Julie says with a worried tone. "You're not welcome here." Nick says, moving closer to the tall boy. Luke looks at Julie, as if he was sending her a message. She shakes her head and Luke backs away looking at Nick. "Good to see you too Nicholas." He says, ruffling up Nick's hair then walking away.

"Are you alright Julie?" Nick says turning back to her. "Why wouldn't I be?" Julie questions. "Well first of all, Luke Patterson was just talking to you. And second of all, YOU TWO WERE LAUGHING" Nick says loudly, causing peoples eyes to begin to dart over.

"We were just talking." Julie says, grabbing her books from the teal locker. "You know how I feel about him. You know how your father feels about him." Nick says, quieting down a little. "Yes I know, he's a bad influence" she says putting up air quotes as if she was disagreeing with their statements. "Please just promise me you'll stay away from him." Nick says grabbing Julie's hands. "Fine, I'll stay away from him. But if he comes up and starts talking to me there's nothing I can do."

"Alright. I love you Jules" Nick says, kissing the girls cheek then walking to his next class. "Love you too" Julie says, smiling a bit then making her way to history.

-------------------------------------------

VERY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, IT'S POSSIBLY A BIT OF JUKE FLUFF?? I know, crazy. Anyway SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I WAS MEANT TO POST THIS YESTERDAY BUT I GOT BUSY SO I COULDNT! Love you guys <3 - A

WORD COUNT: 900

900 words YEP