31

Luke wastes no time and charges at me. I take a step back and trip on the girl that saved me, my back hits the ground and Luke stabs his sword down at my face.

I catch the blade of his sword with my bare hands, blood slowly runs down the sword and onto my face. He shifts all his weight onto his sword, and it starts sliding though my hands, deepening the cuts. The tip of the blade slowly getting closer to my face.

I just manage to trust my hips over and push him off of me, as I push the sword away my pinky on my left hand flies off.

The scent of burning and smoke stings my nose, fire surrounding us getting closer by the second. I grab the hilt of my sword and pull it up. Luke gets up and kicks embers at me, I just manage to shield and block a cheap attack by Luke. I slashed quickly and cut his face along the jaw.

The fire enclosed an enclosing circle around us, our area to fight getting smaller and smaller.

"Come on Jackson." Luke spits blood. "Is that all you got?" he slashes his sword quickly and precisely.

My pirate sword training is barely a match to District 5 military training. I manga to shed some of his blows but he slashes me more than I block. I stand there bleeding on almost every part of my body, my eyes getting heavy and my heart slowing.

"Jackson-Jackson-Jackson." He sighs as he stands behind me. "I thought you would be more of a fight." He pulls my hair and bringing me to my feet. "When I get to your District on my victory tour, ill pay a visit to your little whore...what was her name again?" he says in my ear "I'll show her how a real man-UGHH.... what...." He stumbles back. "You...stabbed...your...." Luke falls backward into the fire erupting in flames.

I fall back to my knees. My hand still on my hilt, the blade imbedded in my own chest. The cannon fires, loud music erupts in the arena. The enclosing fire stops instantly, the roof opens up with a hover jet lowering near me. I fall to my back, the last bit of strength I have. I pulled my sword out of my chest.

Medics rush over to me, but the blood loss is too much, darkens takes ahold off me and pass out.