― 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚.

― twenty five

― twenty five.

"let's go." inha stood before wooyoung, the boy surprised by her sudden appearance. he had figured that she would be with yeosang and he would be struggling to tear the two apart which would ultimately lead to her claiming that yeosang also had to join her for moral support. however, that wasn't the case. 

instead the two were distant. 

"yeah." wooyoung nodded, standing up from his desk. he glanced behind the girl, to where yeosang was sat. he was surprised to see that yeosang was busily staring at the girl who wasn't sparing him any attention whatsoever. glancing between the two, he wondered what lover's quarrel was going on.

"what are you staring at?" wooyoung finally snapped out of his thoughts, glancing down at the smaller girl. he gave a sheepish smile, shaking his head.

"don't worry, let's go." he ushered the girl, the both of them exiting the classroom. although they weren't on speaking terms for whatever reason that yeosang was yet to be aware of, inha couldn't help but glance over at the boy before she left the room. their eyes meeting for a fraction of a second, but it was still enough time for the girl's cheeks to heat up in surprise. 

a sigh escaped her lips, the discomfort in her chest returning. she wondered if she was coming down with something, even her face felt hot as she touched it. she wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with her health, considering everything that she had gone through. however, she was confused since it only occurred at selected moments.

deciding to shrug it off, inha focused on the moment that was about to unfold; meeting her real father. she wondered how it was going to go. it's not like the father figure in her life was ever a good image, it made her already have a negative connotation of her real father. she was beginning to second guess her decision in actually going now. what if wooyoung turned his back and ended up like everyone else? what if his father was the same? she didn't really know enough about him to be alone with them for who knows how long. 

inha suddenly stopped in her steps, wooyoung following suite as he stared at the girl in curiosity. her chest began to feel heavy as she wondered if this was the right choice. at least, if she was going to go through with it then she wanted yeosang with her. yeosang. just the thought of him made her relax. 

"what's wrong?" wooyoung questioned, causing the girl to snap out of her thoughts. "are you feeling nervous?" he added, noticing how her eyes were wavering. inha gave the boy a sheepish smile, nodding her head. 

"maybe i shouldn't go." she quietly mumbled, not wanting wooyoung to hear but also wanting him to hear. 

"it's okay." he assured, knowing that this wouldn't be easy for the girl. "we can do a raincheck. whenever you're ready to meet him, we'll both be waiting." he smiled, causing inha to visibly relax. she was surprised by the outcome, but glad that wooyoung was so understanding. the girl was still yet to realise that these types of reactions were normal, and not everyone had the same intentions as that man. she was lucky that the people around her were willing to patiently teach the girl until she was comfortable again. 

"thanks." inha smiled. 

"but," wooyoung continued, catching her attention. "what's going on with you and yeosang?" he questioned, wanting to get to the bottom of their feud. he figured that it wouldn't be long until they made up, but he still wanted to know the gossip. inha visibly soured at the mention of the boy's name, pouting her lips. 

"nothing." she answered, even she was dissatisfied with her response. 

"there's no way it's nothing. i don't think i've ever seen you both separate since he moved to this school." wooyoung pointed out, giving the girl a knowing look. however, inha wasn't the brightest when it came to feelings.

"i don't know," she shrugged, before unloading what had been going through her mind since lunch. "he kept talking about minji even though i had dropped the subject, and he even offered to go and talk to her himself? it's not like i need him to do everything for me, plus why does he even care about what she says, it's not like it meant anything." inha finished with a huff, crossing her arms as she stared at wooyoung expectantly, hoping for the boy to decipher what she had just said. 

"you're jealous." he stated as if it was the most obvious answer. inha blinked, her face softening as her arms slowly returned to her side. as if the girl had some sort of epiphany, everything finally began to click and fall into place. 

"jealous of what?" she genuinely asked the boy. wooyoung look at her in confusion, shrugging his shoulders.

"i dunno, that's for you to figure out." inha sighed, running a hand through her hair. she analysed her words, her emotions and how she had been acting around yeosang. her hands fell to her face as shock painted over her features, staring at wooyoung in disbelief. the boy was surprised that inha had figured out her feelings so quickly, he thought that she would struggle understanding feelings after all the trauma she had gone through. 

"is he gonna make minji his best friend?"

he wasn't wrong about thinking that way.