Chapter One

**Authors Note: The header is how i imagine Xylias, except with whiter hair/tail and yellow eyes in normal form, pic is from Luke Messersmith on pintrest, love his profile!

TW; blood/gore

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Xylias P.O.V

"Xylias... Xylias... Xylias..." I repeat to myself while meditating, desperately clinging onto the name and the memory. I am currently heavily restrained onto a metal table in the familiar science lab thats near my cell. Some personnel came in and injected me with something then I woke up here, the memory of the dark place is still there. I focus my breathing, if I stay at resting rate, the shock won't come. "I need to remember" I think to myself.

The voice I heard in the dark place gave me the sense that something was happening. It also occurred to me that He only brings me out of that metal box when he wants to use me for something." I need to be sharp for what's to come", I exhale the breath I was holding and close my eyes.

I'm instantly transported back to the dark place in front of my mirror image. She raises her fists up in a fighting stance, cocks her head in a challenging way, "We need to be sharp for what's to come" she says without speaking.

I impulsively lunge towards her to strike but she catches me, stopping me, pushes me back and shakes her head. "Calm, focus, strategize." She scolds me.

I take a step back and recollect myself. Correcting my stance I raise my hands towards her, this time she lunges at me. In slow motion I see the fist flying towards me but I swiftly dodge in time then use both of my fists to repeatedly hit the critical spots on her body followed by a devastating kick which collides with her stomach. She recovers quickly and moves to release herself from the force pushing her back by performing a powerful explosive wave to stop her momentum. Using instant transmission, she appears behind me to hit me with a Ki blast.

When it explodes I find myself on the ground with her standing over me with her hand on my chest, my pounding heart underneath her hand, "you must keep calm during any sort of battle, training or not, not only to survive this place but to think clear enough to plot your next move" my heart slows down, she helps me up and we continue to train.

Blow after blow, combo after combo, correction after correction, for what seems like forever. None of us are really keeping track of who's better or winning. A loud screeching noise snaps me out of my training state when I hear Frieza outside the door.

"Take that damn chip out and get the special shackles ready, I might need my Ultimate Weapon to ensure my immortality!" He commands.

Not long after the 2 subordinates in my memory from last night and some other personnel come in.

The memory that came to me last night helped me remember that those two beings are named Zarbon and Dodoria. Zarbon regards me for a moment before speaking, looking at me with a slight smirk on his face.

Long ago Lord Frieza forbade me from making direct eye contact with anyone but him, using physical means when I disobeyed. I'm not sure if his men are put to the same standard, but they usually don't look at me too. I unconsciously avert my eyes to the ceiling quickly, 'I'd rather not have a beating today. '