Chapter 3

Fionna's POV:

After cleaning most of this freaking castle, Cake and I went to my room.

I pulled out a black box under my bed that contained the only thing that reminded me of my mother.I put it on my lap, cleaning the dust off of it.

"Hey Fionna, what's inside" Cake asked me while pointing at the box.I patted the sea next to me signaling Cake to sit there.

I opened the box and it revealed a pink handle with a little heart design on it."My mom gave it to me before she passed away." I said.

"A pink stick?" Cake said,full of curiosity.I got irritated by her question but tried not to show it.

"Uhhh.. No. Wait watch this." I held up the handle and it revealed the blade of the sword.

"Woah." Was all Cake could say.

I sat down on the bed and looked at the sword."She said this sword has its own mind."

"What do you mean?"

"It chooses its owner.Well that was my mom said." I said tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

"Aww..Come here baby let me hug you." Before I could respond, Cake already wrapped her arms around me while rubbing my back.

"Thanks, Cake.I don't know what I'm going to do without you."

And just when the day couldn't get any better, they came.

"Fionna,were you talking to yourself? I thought that attitude of yours couldn't get any weirder.But I was wrong."

Marceline and Flame.Greeaat.

"What do you guys want?" I said coldly.

"Oh don't be so harsh my dear Fionna." Flame said in a 'rich girl's tone.

"It's quite simple actually, we need you to guard the house in a week." Marceline said.

"For what?!"

They looked excitedly at each other first then said...

"We're going to the Prince's ball!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi!!! I finally rewrote chapter 2 and 3.I know I said in my profile that I will publish next week but here I am!!! I will probably post chapter 4 around 2:00 P.M. Filipino time. Also thank you for 186 reads on the first copy.