Gold Coast Australia

Gold Coast

"Today is a very important day, its Ellie's 23rd birthday" I muttered to my phone as I started recording for Unknown's Instagram – behind the scenes page that let fans see sneak peaks of music, album covers, demos and what Unknown got up to on touring, and what the behind the scenes and backstage crew did to keep shows running. "She is upstairs asleep at the moment and has no idea we are about to wake her up and give her, her first birthday surprise of many" I showed Colin, Braden and Aiden setting up a table with cards, a few gifts and a cake.

"We've got a few surprises for El today" Aiden muttered taking a sip of coffee and running his fingers through his bed hair. "But for now let's get this show on the road"

Aiden moved through the small flat we shared at the Gold Coast whilst Unknown were touring here and up a set of stairs, I followed Aiden, Braden and Colin up to the third door on the right. Aiden put his fingers up to his lips in a be quiet symbol. I moved towards the darkened room seeing Eleanor's sleeping figure tangled in bedsheets.

Braden and Colin leaped through the air, landing on the double bed with a huge thud. Eleanor sat up startled her wavy hair messing in all directions, she looked around half asleep at the four of us as Aiden opened the curtains letting in blinding sunlight as we burst out into a horrid chorus of Happy Birthday.

"Thanks guys" She muttered, shaking her head a huge smile on her face as we squashed her into a group hug. I ended the video and posted it.

We led her downstairs; Braden literally blindfolded her with his t-shirt making certain to run her into nearly every wall in the house on the way into the kitchen.

We lit the cake, singing Happy Birthday as Eleanor smiled then blew out the candles. "Braden literally gave me a strip tease before bringing me down the stairs" Eleanor joked.

"I only do it on special occasions" Brad teased and I very nearly choked on my cereal.

Eventually we decided to get ready for the day and head down to the beach before heading to the stadium for Unknown's performance tonight and the second surprise for Ellie from Unknown.

...

Eleanor

I walked down one of the corridors backstage hearing the final strums of guitar chords as 'We were in a lost city" Harrison sang his husky voice carrying as the song officially ended, there were screams from the crowds, I heard the mic move slightly as Morris's voice took over the speakers. "I'm rather certain she is hiding somewhere backstage at the moment but perhaps if we all shout out she may make her way to the stage. Eleanor!"

"Eleanor Morgan!" Harrison muttered his voice echoing out of the speakers.

I frowned and looked down at my bare feet, old shorts and sunflower pattern covered t-shirt and cursed myself for leaving my sneakers in the dressing room, I made my way through the corridors and into the loudness of the arena feeling the vibrations from the speakers under my bare feet as Cohen caught my eye from his drum kit and smiled. "Come out on stage El and say hi" Cohen muttered into his mic.

I shook my head. No way!

"Ellie" Harrison stated smiling in my direction, his guitar resting near an amp.

I rolled my eyes and walked onstage. "Whoo!" Morris muttered and gave me a small clap.

"For those of you who don't know this lovely lady is Eleanor Morgan and she is our graphic designer. She takes care of and designs all our artworks and photographs for our albums and all our graphics on tour that you see on the stage behind us when we perform. Now before she does a runner it's a very special day in the Unknown Family. Its Eleanor birthday."